• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you don't want to put the details in then at least put the members name in the heading. That way he will show up in a search. But the details should really be included so that members can judge for themselves if they want to deal with him. You might be putting this up because he was 5 minutes late for the meet, or you might be putting this up because the gun was not as described, broken, or had some other issue.

Idoono

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sorry sir . . . but with that OP it brings YOU into question more than him.
    Not saying who was right,wrong,or otherwise,but if your OP was intended to poo-poo him . . . it just could have backfired.
    If you had a problem that you felt was severe enough to start a thread about,you should post all the facts . . . as you see them. ---- SAWMAN

Tungoil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, the facts. Jack was on time as well was I. It was a place as public as the mall, so much gun handling was out of the question. After holding and cycling the gun, I said it was "very well used" and the screws had been removed. He said that he removed them because he wanted to see "what was in there". By then we had been approached twice by curious onlookers and then a white, jacked up dummy truck with blacked out windows(couldn't see who or how many were in there)and one hell of a loud boom box radio going. It was time for me to man up and say yes or no. Paid the man, waited with him to make sure he counted the cash and was happy and thanked him and got gone! Of course I shot it first thing when I got home and it works, when it wants to which is most of the time. It needs some gunsmith attention to replace an apparently broken spring to be 100%. Bottom line, we both completed our 'contract' in a proper manner.
    Sure, I wish he had been a little more honest about the issues associated with this gun, and if he reads this and would like to contact me and help me find a way to correct them, it would be most appreciated. In the future, before you lambast the messenger, read the message again. I didn't say one single word to or about Jack, I was just telling The Forum members of a prime example where it is best to Caveat Emptor in every business transaction. In other words, I was speaking more/entirely to the buyer. Not the seller. By the way, to those not acquainted with the term "Caveat Emptor", it's a Latin term that basically means "buyer beware". Side note...……..SAWMAN and Idoono; I hope this sheds light on this subject and you find the explanation satisfactory. Respectfully, to all GCGF members.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    iu

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Note: While this was being written, OP Posted comment #6. Though details are provided in that Comment, I feel the following is still valid, appropriate and worth noting by Members. I dtsagree with OPs #6 in that the origional Post was directly attached to Member Lzhome in Reviews, therefore; it was derogatory and not general/generic information. It is for that reason several inquiring comments followed.

Origional Content:
    The OPs inference that buyers should beware when dealing with Lzhome (it should be a standard practice with all transactions) but does not clarify that such due diligence was applied before/during the transaction. Fault along these lines fall upon the buyer. Lzhome may be unaware of the above review, Member my agree with the buyer beware principles or have other reasons for not replying: there is no requirement to do so.

Seller/buyer/trader misrepresentations, deal changes or meet up issues.

My position, FWIW: OPs expression of generic sour grapes without details renders it worthless and not worth consideration nor adversity toward the other Party. I can only surmise by OPs inference without specifics: the desire to defame one Party while not presenting his/her shortfalls regarding the transaction.

It is not my intent to make anyone out as a bad guy, it is to highlight that a persons reputation must not be treaded upon without clear justification. There are at least two sides to every dispute, at least one side should be presented if it is worth Posting in Seller/Buyer Reviews.

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ok, the facts. Jack was on time as well was I. It was a place as public as the mall, so much gun handling was out of the question. After holding and cycling the gun, I said it was "very well used" and the screws had been removed. He said that he removed them because he wanted to see "what was in there". By then we had been approached twice by curious onlookers and then a white, jacked up dummy truck with blacked out windows(couldn't see who or how many were in there)and one hell of a loud boom box radio going. It was time for me to man up and say yes or no. Paid the man, waited with him to make sure he counted the cash and was happy and thanked him and got gone! Of course I shot it first thing when I got home and it works, when it wants to which is most of the time. It needs some gunsmith attention to replace an apparently broken spring to be 100%. Bottom line, we both completed our 'contract' in a proper manner.
    Sure, I wish he had been a little more honest about the issues associated with this gun, and if he reads this and would like to contact me and help me find a way to correct them, it would be most appreciated. In the future, before you lambast the messenger, read the message again. I didn't say one single word to or about Jack, I was just telling The Forum members of a prime example where it is best to Caveat Emptor in every business transaction. In other words, I was speaking more/entirely to the buyer. Not the seller. By the way, to those not acquainted with the term "Caveat Emptor", it's a Latin term that basically means "buyer beware". Side note...……..SAWMAN and Idoono; I hope this sheds light on this subject and you find the explanation satisfactory. Respectfully, to all GCGF members.

So buyer beware... of the buyer???

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    when dealing with Lzhome

I'm calling BS on this. "Caveat Emptor" should be a given, regardless of the deal.
    Stating that "when dealing with _____" means you recommend members to be Extra careful Especially when dealing with ______.

I've met "lzhome". I've done business with him. I left him feedback here. I can't imagine he would specifically do something "shady".

Instead of taking the time to inspect your purchase, you took the time to start this thread.
    Instead of talking with the seller in private to actually figure out a solution, you started this thread in public that only creates more problems.
    Instead of giving the benefit of the doubt to a member with a great reputation, you ASSumed the worst and just vomited this passive-aggressive "review".

Caveat emptor is the lesson alright, and we will remember you.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’m not fer or agin’ ya but I don’t understand why people were stopping to see what y’all were doing.
    I’ve done business in a parking lot dozens of times and never had anybody stop and see what we were doing.
    Two guys in a public parking lot do not arouse suspicion.
    Just keep the gun on the seat of the vehicle during inspection.
    If you need to wave it around, park further out or find a more discreet place.

Top Bottom