• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm back from my hunting trip to MS along the Big Black River near Goodman, MS and let me just say it's a swamp right now! I successfully shot a Doe but spent the 4 days hunting with wet feet due to my hunting boots leaking. I'm going back in two weeks and want dry feet so what do you recommend for hunting in an area that is muddy with anywhere from 6-8 inches of water? I'm looking for a boot that comes up just below the knee, rubber with the ability to tuck my pants leg inside, tired of the bottom 6 inches of my hunting pants being a muddy wet mess too! I looked online and there are a lot of options, hopefully some of you have recommendations on what boots are the good ones!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought some LaCrosse snake boots a couple years ago. They work pretty well. They aren't as insulated as my old boots, so I make sure I wear some good socks.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those look pretty good! I was going to recommend a standard muck boot. They are cheap and stand up to hard use. They do not have cushion on sole or sides which cushion sole socks cure. Up north we fit them "over size" while wearing a bedroom slippers (thin or insulated) it adds comfort and does not move around or bunch up like sole inserts.

https://www.galeton.com/repel-footw...MIo4-jz9_t3wIVirbICh1_9AgwEAQYASABEgJaS_D_BwE

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    While researching Ketchikan, AK with an eye to retiring there I discovers that being in the largest temperate rain forest with over 13 FEET of measurable rain and snow a year they advise visitors to buy a good pair of rubber boots. The brand most recommended was XtraTuf, which was so popular they called them Alaskan tennis shoes! LOL

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm a 13 and ordered the Lacrosse boots in a 14, that should allow me to wear my wool socks in them if I need to. One reviewer online compared the 7mm Lacrosse neoprene the same as his 1200 gram Thinsulate boots when it came to how well they handled colder weather. I'm happy to get them at half the price Amazon was selling them for!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My frog legs have Muck boot sewn into them and have done well for me. One of my buddies borrows them once a year to hunt Woodies.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I figured I couldn't go wrong with Muck or Lacrosse boots, both have a great reputation. What I liked about the Lacrosse better was the adjustable calf area, should make it easier to loosen them up, tuck my pant leg inside and then tighten them to the right comfort level, the price was right too! The Goodman, MS area I'll be hunting in again in about 10 days has rain in the forecast twice between now and then so I'm going to appreciate having boots that will keep my feet dry!

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Can't go wrong with muck or lacrosse. We wear both in the oilfield and they hold up well. They will both start leaking where the neoprene meets the rubber though after extensive use. I just run a bead of good silicone around it and it seals it up for a while. Wear wool socks or something that BREATHES. Those boots will make your feet sweat immediately. Good choice.

Top Bottom