• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ex0dus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So a friend of my best friends family came to the US from London to stay a while. This friend and I go shooting once a week together. The gentlemen from London had never fired a gun before so he asked if he could tag along with us. I told him he could but he would have to chip in some ammo (that’s how we do it)... we went to a store and he made the attempt to purchase 100 rounds of 9 MM. He was refused service because he wasn’t a US citizen. Now, I’m unaware of a specific law in the state of Florida or federally that prohibits this. If someone has information and could educate me on that subject? Is there a statue? Thanks guys.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No statute against it. I, too, have a friend from Great Britian who comes over and shoots at our club twice a year and has started shooting in Glock matches over here. He has never had an issue purchasing ammunition in this country. Find a new store.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IIRC they are not allowed to purchase firearms without some sort of hunting license or other documentation. Never read anything about ammo prohibitions. How did they know he was not a citizen. Did they ask for ID. IIRC in the past I have been asked for ID at walmarts. I have not purchased any ammo at wally worlds in a while.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By the way which store was it so we all can carefully consider if we want to patronize it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The upper management at WalFart made the decission to verify "age" with a DL. A Florida DL is good for them.
    I called corporate after my last encounter with the arrogant clerk at a local store. The store manager was just as stoopid sounding when I asker her how old did she think I looked.
    The WalFart is the only store that I know of with this policy. The salesperson is just doing what he is told,so is management. However . . . my expierance has been that they are waaaaaaay to proud of themselves for this policy that is IMO entirely political. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The upper management at WalFart made the decission to verify "age" with a DL. A Florida DL is good for them.
    I called corporate after my last encounter with the arrogant clerk at a local store. The store manager was just as stoopid sounding when I asker her how old did she think I looked.
    The WalFart is the only store that I know of with this policy. The salesperson is just doing what he is told,so is management. However . . . my expierance has been that they are waaaaaaay to proud of themselves for this policy that is IMO entirely political. ---- SAWMAN
    For a short while a few years ago they were asking for ID for wine purchases. Now they say if you look over 42 they will not ask last I heard.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    IIRC they are not allowed to purchase firearms without some sort of hunting license or other documentation. Never read anything about ammo prohibitions. How did they know he was not a citizen. Did they ask for ID. IIRC in the past I have been asked for ID at walmarts. I have not purchased any ammo at wally worlds in a while.

When you say they, do you mean Non-citizens in general or British subjects in specific?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you say they, do you mean Non-citizens in general or British subjects in specific?

They= legal aliens that do not have a green card, that is full residency rights in the USA, and are here under different circumstances.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks, honestly I couldn’t tell you since we never tried before my wife got her green card(it was in NC anyways, and they’ve got some imo stupid regulations, and not just with firearms).

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From ATF.gov

A nonimmigrant alien is an alien in the United States in a nonimmigrant classification as defined by section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15). Generally, "nonimmigrant aliens" are tourists, students, business travelers, and temporary workers who enter the U.S. for fixed periods of time; they are lawfully admitted aliens who are not lawful permanent residents.

[27 CFR 478.11]

An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]

Top Bottom