• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've been spraying Duracoat for several years. I also spray ceracoat as well. I have a small airbrush compressor with a vapor filter on it and several different paint guns that I use. I've sprayed digital camo, on several ar15's for friends at work, and several pistols as well. Go to harbor freight, they have an airbrush compressor kit for around $100, they also have guns, hose, and all you will need to get started. I think initially I spent close to $200 to get everything, I have three guns and numerous paint containers. I use brake cleaner from autozone to prep everything I spray. If you notice in the pics the box I built to hand smaller parts, I made it to where you can turn whatever part you are spraying 360.
    I also bought a mini sand blast kit that works well for cleaning up dirty receivers, and parts. As far as rust I use a wire wheel to knock the rust off and just spray over it. If you notice the pic of the barrel I wire wheeled through the blueing on the barrel, it felt kinda weird sanding the finish off a brand new barrel, but it covered up well with the coyote tan. After I'm done I clean my spray gun and whatever containers I used with acetone, then it's ready for the next go round...

Tomorrow the od green woodland camo comes out finished with black skulls... I think it will turn out good...

Last edited:

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must give ya Thanks on the info, With great shame I have a few in desperate need to be refinished, Now with the help of good sportsmen that look out for one anouther. This ole man will now begin to take one at a time an clean them up so the son wont be ashamed to bring em out at the range,,,, I have a 80 gal stand up compressor 2 dryers for car painting, Looks like Im to locate that smaller sprayer,regulator an build me a couple of your ideal spay tables an give my old eyes something to look at besides this PC,,,, Thanks much Mullet Hunter...... the olecarver

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I went and picked up my best friends 13 year old son today and all he cared to do was finish up the paint, so I cut him loose. Gun came out pretty good, and he had a ball. UPS dropped off the primary arms tactical 4x14x14 30mm scope and he had coyote tan on in 10 minutes later. The he sprayed the od, built an AR lower while waiting on the paint to get tacky the we layed down the skulls...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The one th the skulls looks great, I picked up my compressor and airbrush kit last week BTW... Ill be ordering paints and starting to spray some stuff soon :). Appreciate the help!

Top Bottom