• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    My plan was to walk around with the Python I’ve got for sale but with this weather coming in, not sure I want to get out in it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Really disappointed as the prices seem to get higher and higher. Lcp380 269???? Lcp2 299??? Most other pistols we're at least 30 or 50 dollars more than gander or academy which means close to 100 dollars more than online. Reeling in the money too. Parking lot was packed.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    It was crowded for sure, I made one stroll through the aisles. Saw two people I know and sold two guns. I will likely hit it again tomorrow after I drop the wife off at church and try to move the rest I want to get out of my safe.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Sig p938 mags for 50 bucks. Holy cow. Local retail is 37.99. Easily found on eBay for 23 bucks free shipping.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I passed on the gun show this time. The past several trips have been a waste of time and money. I can never seem to take a firearm to sell that anyone is looking for and when I do, they do not have the money. I do not go to buy much of anything as the prices are usually ridiculously high for what they are trying to sell.

Madinpensacola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, that’s my big complaint as well regarding a few comments here. The Gun show prices are for the vast majority absolutely ridiculously high. When I make a lower offer which is in line with other competing brick and mortar stores in town or on line “from a brick and mortar store I’ve been to” I’m stared at like a deer in headlights. Over priced by most, not all, but vast majority, or just selling what I’d classify as junk. I’d go more often but $9 or $10 per person for no good deals has me taking a pass more often than not. Sure, lots of stuff in one location but if one wants sales then price competitively. If customers are buying then I’m surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I decided to go and had a great time, not because of the guns for sale but because of the people I met. I had lengthy conversations with several of the vendors.
    Didn’t really see much that interested me.
    I could have bought a few at the Smith and Wesson guy’s display. His prices seemed to be better than last time but still a tad high for me. He does have nice stuff though.
    Several people asked to see my Python but only had one real offer and it was a little low.
    I was on the last row and pretty disappointed in the offerings when I saw a vintage Win 94 in 32 Win Special.
    Now you’re talking. I talked with the man, his wife and son for a good while. Very nice people. They liked TV westerns and Winchester 94s as much as I do.
    They gave me a great deal on the rifle and it went home with me.
    It was a good day.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Against my better judgment, I went. Should've just used that $9 on a good cigar since my wife is out of town and wouldn't have complained about the smell. All I can say is damn have surplus rifles gone sky high in asking prices!! Jay's had a few and his prices were outrageous for the condition they were in. Keep saying that I'm not going to go to this show but for whatever reason I ended up there again. Just hard headed I guess.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On the other side of the coin let me explain something . True Collector grade guns that are no longer in production ie 98% or better in the original box with all the goodies will never be cheap . Personally I took 12 S&W revolvers in like condition to the show . Yes I had obscene prices on them for the very simple reason it weeds out serious buyers from the tire kickers toot sweet . I told everyone who expressed serious interest pay zero attention to the tag..........make me a serious offer . Everything in life that's for sale price is always negotible be it a house , car or a gun etc. Talking 1931 to 1970 vintage guns , you need to ask yourself when's the last time I saw same gun in like condition ? When's the next time I'm likely to see the same in like condition ? They aint making them anymore period . Guns of those vintages were fit & finished by master craftsmen who are long gone . As far as Mike the gent who has the counter with true Collector grade S&W's his prices aren't high for what you'd get , check completed auctions on Gunbroker if you don't believe me . Not talking asking prices here but for what actually sold . BTW Mike bought the only gun I sold at this show . Milsurps & plastic fantastic I don't know about 'cause I no longer buy them . To each their own...........we weren't the guy with a $1495 price on a gun that looked like it was drug behind a truck through a South Louisiana mudhole . I was looking to buy 1 or 2 more house guns but couldn't come to terms with sellers , talking about current production non scarce items too . So it wasn't just the dealers who were waaaayyy optimistic in their pricing . Bottom line is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it .

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Not a whole lot out there this time around (beyond the usual stuff) - still had a good time though. Anyone have any info on the next Shrine show?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Normally there is a Show in Panama City following P'Cola area show. Fairgrounds are still a wreck and low funding priority. Doesnt look like there will be any local show unless another venue is found and that not likely IMHO. I don't mind tossing $9 for a stroll and show but I'm not driving 50 or 100 miles to do it.

We (me included) complain about the high prices at Shows. Vendors are paying $75 or more per table, so their selling enough of their stuff to pay all related bills and still make a profit or they would stop setting up. The "Show price" can be more then "THEIR" brick & mortar Shop price, I've seen it, some of you who make the rounds probably have too!

So who is buying the enough to it going? I see more first time buyers including women and older couples. Their questions plus wanting small sized "house guns". How do you you load it? How much recoil? is always in the conversation. Sometimes I hear vendor ignorance or B/S, I just bite my tongue and shuffle away: not my circus, not my monkey. There is still a bunch of guys buying their first ARs/AKs but don't have a clue except the limit of their wallet. You also see new to gun buyers walking around with their "Advisor" (good or bad but buyer thinks their knowledgeable enough). The Hawks are watching the walk around seller/traders for a deal. Walkers routinly get crap sell/trade in $ from vendors. After the Walkers get disappointed by several vendors they often get better cash from the Hawks. Some people will only trade/sell to a dealer due to some mental anguish over a private sale becoming a crime gun, better a licensed dealer get it even at a $ loss. Other buyers at crazy high prices just don't know local prices, are scared of doing a purchase over the Net. Some assume incorrectly, that all used guns are actually priced below New/MSRP.

Fair price for current production? Best "avail/instock" Internet price + shipping + FFLTransfer Fee = reasonable offer. It provides a $ bump for the brick & mortar Dealer and is no more then you would actually pay online/at delivery. No Tax where you can still find it is a plus but no application here. Yeah, you still have to pay $5 for NICS. Lol . You can always negotiate a price, but don't offer an insulting lowball to a vendor who in turn will not want to waste time just to get you near the ballpark price. CASH is King, no card fee on dealer= lower price for you, ask for it as it could be 3% or more! Do the math between Price and Cash Price. If less than 3% difference, the vendor is probably not giving the full credit card use charge credit for your Cash offer. That rough 3% fee is the card processing fee plus accounting costs for the vendors access/credit overhead. When you buy online, the transaction is a "no card present" which is always a higher fee than "card present" in person purchase. American Express transactions (all) have the highest fees applied and that is the reason many places don't accept them: they cut deeply into vendors profits.

Gun Show to credit fees, a crooked road and probably too long. Lol

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I disagree with pricing high to weed out the Lookers. If you have a 400 dollar pistol marked at 599 I'm not going to offer you 375 for it. I'm going to go deal with the guy who has it marked at 400 like it should be

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    And the gun show is great for old pieces. Where else are you going to find them? Modern stuff there is a joke. $$$$$$$$

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Looks like a couple of the comments above were directed at me so I will respond.
    I did not say that Mike’s, (the S&W vendor) prices were too high. I said they were too high for ME. Most of his guns were works of art and I’m not looking for something to put on the wall. I would rather pay less for something with a few flaws and not be afraid to shoot it. As I said before, he had some great stuff.
    There are plenty of deep pocket collectors that will buy vintage NIB guns but you will probably have to get them in front of a national audience.
    If the comment about “walking around with a gun that looked like it had been drug behind a truck” was directed at me, I don’t remember showing it to you.
    My Python is solid and a good shooter. It has finish issues and the buyer wouldn’t cringe if he put it in a holster. Not everyone can fork out $2500 for a gun they always wanted.
    I had $1400 on it because no matter what I put, people will offer less. I don’t expect to get that and I will eat tonite if it doesn’t sell.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a whole lot out there this time around (beyond the usual stuff) - still had a good time though. Anyone have any info on the next Shrine show?

That's the show I'm looking forward to the most! I hope they host another this year. I need to be saving up for that one because the Pensacola show has just about always been a waste for me. Only once have I found something that had to come home with me. To be fair, milsurps have been drying up and get higher prices every year. I'm just incredulous at what the prices for rough condition M44's and 91/30's are.

Top Bottom