• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I price something at say $1500 & it's 98% in the box with everything & lets say it's a 60 year old gun . Chances of someone actually paying 1500 are scant . I expect to do some horse trading . Some guns due to rarity I'm not inclined to drop as much on , but others there's more wiggle room . That & I've never had someone offer me more than price i had on it they expect to get it for less . If a buyer spends 30-40 mins with me & is serious , has cash & isn't rude he'll get a better price because he earned it . The ones that immediately demand rock bottom price or lowball before they've even inspected the goods irk me & no they won't get the same price because they won't negotiate

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I agree with that. I met a very nice guy Saturday who collects Pythons. We talked a while and he made me an offer but it was a little less than I would like to take.
    I thought it over and sent him a counter offer this morning. I would like to see him get it simply because he was a good guy.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If that was the older gent that had a table over by the Rest Rooms yes he's first class . IIRC his name's Van Zant & his partner with the bald head is also a good guy . Sorry about the wise ass comment about your gun , if I'd have known it belonged to a fellow forum member I'd kept my big yap shut .

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yes, I talked to the guy with several Pythons near the rest rooms for a good while. Nice guy. He was going to make me an offer but when I told him what I had already turned down, he backed off.
    The decent offer that I received was from a guy who was just walking around.
    No problem about the comment. I have very thick skin.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Can you give some examples of the older stuff that was there...

Not particularly this show just in general. If I were looking for something rare, or collectibles, maybe accessories I would go and look. If you're purchasing a modern firearm it's the wrong place, imo. It is nice to get out and talk with the people.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw lots of old guns there, Winchesters, browning's, high standard, Remington's, S&W and some Rugers. Took home two Winchester model 63's, one built in 53 and the other in 55.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The people that are looking for the older stuff or more milspec weapons should check out the Robertsdale,Ala. show. Also for the reloading supplies. --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Chaos, are you talking about long guns?
    I saw almost no shooter grade older S&Ws or Ruger handguns.
    The only long guns that attract my attention are vintage Win 94s and I bought the only one I saw.
    I got there around 11:30 on Saturday so maybe I missed some?

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just talking about guns...long short fat small big little, I was there Sunday..maybe you did.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just got through reading the post about the GS, Was gone for the weekend , But had a couple things at the show, I don't think I have piss off any one lately. So hear goes. When I have some one low ball me they want get a deal, or they say they can get it cheaper at Buds, Frist they don't know what they are doing or they are want to get it to resell this is a insult to me. I had a hand gun priced at about 60 to 70 per cent of buds that priced in very good cond. Some one told me they could get it at buds for less. I check prices ne fore I put some thing up. They don't know the difference in a Rem psp and a pss are a HSC stock or a Hug. Or a good Quality M 1 are a Field grad. M-1 And yes a really good deal does come a long some times. and then they will try and get it down. If I want it I say I will take it or make a offer put I do apple to apple. Then remember at the show the cost of the table , I would rather sell on the from for less, but I don't need most of what every one wants to tread for, sale it then offer cash I don't any Hi-point for 300, I can usually sell for more out of the from. The 45 colt Gold cup that I just had on the from for about 900. was offered 800 for it was 1500. at buds sold it for 975 out side of the form. Was told by a from member that they could get it new from buds for that but it was not the same model. Sorry if I have stepped on some one toes but before you make a low ball know what you are talking about. JUst had to sound off. Just my 10 cents jj

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    NOW I'M PISSED !!
    I'm just gonna wait 'til you get senile then I will buy everything and sell it on PFF for a nice profit. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom