Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Form 3 is the manufacturer transferring to the dealer right? Did my first form 4’s through silencer shop so the form 3 would be them sending to my FFL right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon1023 View Post
    Form 3 is the manufacturer transferring to the dealer right? Did my first form 4’s through silencer shop so the form 3 would be them sending to my FFL right?
    Yes I am sure Little Jack can tell more but...

A form “3”, accommodates dealer to dealer transfers (Class 3, in or out of state). A form “4”, accommodates dealer to individual transfers, within the state. Unlicensed individuals may not transfer class 3 weapons directly into their state. An active Class 3 license is required to execute the transfer.

I know when I bought NFA items the Form 3 was Electronic and is very fast within a couple weeks.

And if you are in the same state you can do a Form 4 between each other no dealer needed. I Bought a SMG that way.

NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Local Dealer Little Jack's Guns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon1023 View Post
    Form 3 is tax free, dealer to dealer. Lately they've been electronic and done within a couple of days. Form 4 is usually dealer to consumer or consumer to consumer in the same state. Silencershop has some weird stuff going on if you buy through them with their "powered by" dealers where they'll file the form 4 and 3 fairly close together so it's transparent to the buyer. Usually the selling dealer will file the form 3 to get it to the local dealer. Once the local dealer has the can in hand, they'll file the form 4 and have the buyer sign as appropriate.

Lots of smoke and mirrors
    Intentionally Left Blank.... Or is it?

4. 2 Like Little Jack's Guns's Post:

Thanks for the explanation. I’m just waiting for my sandman to get to my dealer so I can get the muzzle brake to finish my SBR.

GCGF Supporter
    It's frightening how much control has been relinquished to the tyrannical government.

Sooo, maybe we're on some sort of timeline again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    --Insert inspirational quote here--

Local Dealer Little Jack's Guns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JWlineman View Post
    Sooo, maybe we're on some sort of timeline again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    There's always been a timeline..... just never a quick one. I haven't heard anything new lately. One of my transferred got their CC charged recently so things are moving at least.
    Intentionally Left Blank.... Or is it?

9. Likes Little Jack's Guns's Post: