• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Got this from one of my distributors today...

"Short Version
    The government shutdown is now affecting the NFA branch and form 3 approvals have slowed to almost a stop. Expect little to no approvals for the duration of the shutdown.
    Long Version
    Good afternoon, with the partial government shutdown, the ATF is operating under a contingency plan for lower funding. I was originally told that this would have little to no effect on the NFA branch and the processing of our form 3’s. For the first week of the shutdown, this seemed to be true. We were receiving approvals at a normal pace. Since New Years, we have noticed that the approvals have slowed almost to a stop. I was hoping that this was simply due to the Holidays, examiners taking time off, etc. I just called the branch to inquire about our pending form 3’s and I was told that as the shutdown went on, the branch was deemed to be non-essential. They have not shut down completely, but are now working with a greatly reduced crew. There are a handful of people primarily working on form 5’s (government and LE transfers), but they are processing eform 3’s when they have time. I expect we will receive very little in the way of form 3 approvals for as long as the shutdown lasts. Form 4’s are currently not being worked on at all. When the shutdown does end, expect there to be delays as they work through the backlog of submitted form 3’s."

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Smh... I'll see the other side of 12 months for sure now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Smh... I'll see the other side of 12 months for sure now

Yep I figured this for sure... The only thing I have out there is an SBR for another MP5 not a big deal at all. I can wait.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yep I figured this for sure... The only thing I have out there is an SBR for another MP5 not a big deal at all. I can wait.
    I was hoping my Form 4 would be before Christmas then maybe this month...but now that hope is certainly shattered.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was hoping my Form 4 would be before Christmas then maybe this month...but now that hope is certainly shattered.

Yea that sucks man... I am just happy my MP5 SD came through when it did or I would still be waiting. We should be on a preferred atf list after you give them so much money... I would be on the elite list for sure. ha ha

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Absolutely. At least I have a FFL that let's me set up play dates!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is nothing but Demo's (2 main ones), trying to make the prez out the bad guy, when they are the ones. Hell, there's been more money wasted on other ideas, etc, w/o concern.

I for one, would like to know how many Demo's have Fenced-In Yards? And their reason why they have it. The proposed wall will do the same as their fence around their house, Security.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I knew I should have applied back in September of last year.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Form 3 is the manufacturer transferring to the dealer right? Did my first form 4’s through silencer shop so the form 3 would be them sending to my FFL right?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Form 3 is the manufacturer transferring to the dealer right? Did my first form 4’s through silencer shop so the form 3 would be them sending to my FFL right?

Yes I am sure Little Jack can tell more but...

A form “3”, accommodates dealer to dealer transfers (Class 3, in or out of state). A form “4”, accommodates dealer to individual transfers, within the state. Unlicensed individuals may not transfer class 3 weapons directly into their state. An active Class 3 license is required to execute the transfer.

I know when I bought NFA items the Form 3 was Electronic and is very fast within a couple weeks.

And if you are in the same state you can do a Form 4 between each other no dealer needed. I Bought a SMG that way.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Form 3 is tax free, dealer to dealer. Lately they've been electronic and done within a couple of days. Form 4 is usually dealer to consumer or consumer to consumer in the same state. Silencershop has some weird stuff going on if you buy through them with their "powered by" dealers where they'll file the form 4 and 3 fairly close together so it's transparent to the buyer. Usually the selling dealer will file the form 3 to get it to the local dealer. Once the local dealer has the can in hand, they'll file the form 4 and have the buyer sign as appropriate.

Lots of smoke and mirrors

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the explanation. I’m just waiting for my sandman to get to my dealer so I can get the muzzle brake to finish my SBR.

bjstone193

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's frightening how much control has been relinquished to the tyrannical government.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sooo, maybe we're on some sort of timeline again?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sooo, maybe we're on some sort of timeline again?

There's always been a timeline..... just never a quick one. I haven't heard anything new lately. One of my transferred got their CC charged recently so things are moving at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom