• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll be heading out Wednesday morning to hunt with some friends SE of Goodman, MS on some property that borders the Big Black River. Went last year for the first time without any luck, hopefully this year will be better, hard to say with as wet as it has been!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last MS trip was a bust, enjoyed my time in the woods but no more deer meat for the freezer. Was in a tree stand lining up on a Doe waiting for it to reach the top of a levee I was on with a good 20 minutes of shooting light left when one of the members wives started up here ATV to leave her stand saying she couldn't see anymore. Well she was across the river but close enough it spooked the Doe and she took off, big Doe too! What I can't figure out is she was sitting at the end of a crop plane runway, should have still been plenty of light there considering it was a big open field while I was in the woods and could still see good! Oh well, you win some, you lose some. That happened on the first evening of hunting and didn't see anything the rest of my time there, neither did anyone else that was hunting. The property was flooded a couple of weeks ago and we think that might have chased the deer off and now they're slow to return.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't feel bad. Everybody in Mississippi I know has said it has been a weird season You were certainly in a good area to bag one. I went up on the Mississippi River to get some pork and didn't even get a shot. My boy kept corn out and a big sounder was on the camera every night and 2 nights before I got there they disappeared. I don't know, maybe I need to keep looking for Bigfoot or something.:embarassed:

Top Bottom