• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see among the bad is Senator Rino... I mean Rubio, reintroducing a red-flag bill. Kinda redundant though for Floridians since Rick Scott already signed a similar measure into our state law.

The 116th Congress has been in session for little more than a day and we already are seeing gun bills. However, they aren't all bad. There is even a good knife bill proposed. However, I imagine the really bad ones are in the pipeline.

One Day Of The New Congress And There Are Already Gun Bills

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My money is on the Scott legislation is the template for national legislation. Find and replace 'Florida' with 'United States', and let's come together to vote for this common sense legislation.

On the bright side, for those states who said this would never happen to them, surprise! Welcome to our hell, get used to it, you're gonna be here a while. In for the reaction when the nay-sayers actually see for themselves the terms that allow for confiscation without due process.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was not too sure what you all were talking about specifically.

Find and replace 'Florida' with 'United States', and let's come together to vote for this common sense legislation.

There are a lot of antigun bill that almost certainly will be introduced in the house's 116th congress. Bump stocks are already outlawed and so there are a lot of other things on the agenda. https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/18/house-democrats-outline-gun-control-agenda-for-116th-congress/
    It really depends on what the republican senate and if that fails president Trump does. Right now the house is very busy passing specific spending bills that will likely by shot down in the senate and get a veto from Pres Trump.

Last edited:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The worst part is that the NRA supports the red flag laws. They won't be getting anymore money from me. A few years ago I wanted to become a Life member. Glad I used that money for more guns instead. Hard to say who is on our side anymore. So many RINO's out there that will do anything for power and votes.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get the idea of red flag, but there are way too many chances for abuse in a red flag bill that they make me really uncomfortable

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Senate Dems getting the band back together with an updated bill. Hopefully it won't get too far in the Republican controlled Senate.

Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) today led a group of senators in introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019, an updated bill to ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

...bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    Senators Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Senate Dems getting the band back together with an updated bill. Hopefully it won't get too far in the Republican controlled Senate.

Senators Introduce Assault Weapons Ban
    Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) today led a group of senators in introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019, an updated bill to ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

...bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    These are the key provisions of the bill:
    Key provisions:

Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.

Exemptions to bill:

The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
    The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

Other provisions:

Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
    Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
    Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
    Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.

Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:

Bans stocks that are “otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability of a firearm.”
    Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.
    Bans assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles by allowing the shooter to shoulder the weapon and fire more accurately.
    Bans Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I see a few conflicting provisions.
    One says the sale or transfer is prohibited and another says background check is required for transfer.
    No matter, a lobbyist friend of mine said this one is dead and will never get out of the senate.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Am i the only one that notices an overlap between the party who wants to f*ck with our gun rights, the demographics of the people who vote for that party, and the demographics of those committing the most gun crimes. As well as the demographics of those effected by most of these gun laws. Maybe i am being paranoid or thinking too much but it really seems that there is a group who wants to disarm another group so they can be preyed upon by yet another group. Maybe its reparations for slavery

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "There are always anti-gun bills. What is their chance of becoming law this time out?"

I got out of high school in 1970 if I had told people that one day smokers would be treated like criminals or that abortion would include live births or that an american citizen could be detained without charges being filed i would have immediately been committed to a mental hospital. Guess what............they're all here today. Never think that something can't happen.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "There are always anti-gun bills. What is their chance of becoming law this time out?"

I got out of high school in 1970 if I had told people that one day smokers would be treated like criminals or that abortion would include live births or that an american citizen could be detained without charges being filed i would have immediately been committed to a mental hospital. Guess what............they're all here today. Never think that something can't happen.

Many segregationists in the 1960s predicted the current state of our country. While i am not ready to defend all their positions i cant deny that much of what they said turned out to be the case.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Am i the only one that notices an overlap between the party who wants to f*ck with our gun rights, the demographics of the people who vote for that party, and the demographics of those committing the most gun crimes. As well as the demographics of those effected by most of these gun laws. Maybe i am being paranoid or thinking too much but it really seems that there is a group who wants to disarm another group so they can be preyed upon by yet another group. Maybe its reparations for slavery

What I notice most is the overlap between the two parties wanting to ____ with, or outright take/abolish, our gun rights. Some of the worst examples/offenders can be found right here in Florida, or have ascended to DC from Florida.

Top Bottom