• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good article, Ross thanks for the link. This is some seriously bad, messed up, police work here:

All told, "BCPS documented nearly 70 incidents involving Cruz in its incident computer system,” according to a  draft report  of  the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission. “BCPS disciplinary referral system also contained  nearly  55 school incidents involving Cruz.”

“Administrators were made aware of multiple felonies -- including death threats and weapons possession – but they did nothing about it because of the discipline policies,” Manhattan Institute senior fellow Max Eden told RealClearInvestigations. Eden has co-authored a forthcoming book on the tragedy, “Why Meadow Died: The People and Policies that Created the Parkland Shooter and Endangered America’s Students.”

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I always wonder why no one has used suppressed, SBR, in this scenario?

Really don't know Joel. Possibly too hard to come by.
    One thing I do know . . . as the entrance to the school grounds and buildings gets harder,the BG's will get more sophisticated.
    They will be dressed as HVAC workers,linen/uniform delivery workers (with truck),or grounds keepers. Society has to be prepared to fight fire with fire. If not,the children will be slaughtered.
    We need to take a hard look at how the Israelis do it. Not pretty,not politically correct,expensive,but it effin works. When is the last time that you heard of an incident over there ??
    Nowadays Americans are a sad lot. They would rather,point the finger,blame inanimate objects,and not be proactive at protecting the kids that they say they love. Sometimes I just wonder if parents nowadays are just destined to raise sheep for the slaughter. Screw . . Pop a kid . . Shove 'em out the door to die . . Screw . . Pop another kid . . Shove 'em out the door to die . . etc,etc,etc. --- SAWMAN

I'd have to disagree with Sawman. Suppressors are metal tubes with baffles that are easy to manufacture with a little bit of knowledge. They wouldn't need stellite, 3D printers and a fast attach QD setup. Solvent traps, thread adapters, etc? A high schooler couldn't buy one easily but they shouldn't be able to buy/have/own firearms(I'm glossing over the plethora of other local/state law that are out there that would allow someone under 18(21 in FL) to own a firearm). SBR? It's as easy to get/make an SBR as it is to swap out uppers. If you can get an AR, you can get a (uncontrolled) short barrel and/or use those skills you learned making an illegal suppressor to cut/thread a barrel.

ETA: not to mention the whole "pistol" craze lately.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd have to disagree with Sawman. Suppressors are metal tubes with baffles that are easy to manufacture with a little bit of knowledge. They wouldn't need stellite, 3D printers and a fast attach QD setup. Solvent traps, thread adapters, etc? A high schooler couldn't buy one easily but they shouldn't be able to buy/have/own firearms(I'm glossing over the plethora of other local/state law that are out there that would allow someone under 18(21 in FL) to own a firearm). SBR? It's as easy to get/make an SBR as it is to swap out uppers. If you can get an AR, you can get a (uncontrolled) short barrel and/or use those skills you learned making an illegal suppressor to cut/thread a barrel.

It could happen someday that some kid might somehow make or steal a suppressor. At one time there were youtube videos on how to make them out of common hardware that did not involve solvent traps. But most of these people that do these terrible things are screw ups that likely are not capable of going the extra mile or effort to do that fortunately. Almost all of the horrible killing sites did not have much in the way of effective protection and so anything fires an effective round that has a magazine will kill a lot of people. Fact is no thinking person would do such horror.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ... Fact is no thinking person would do such horror.

I disagree. The more effective "tragedies" are carried-out by "thinkers".
    Maybe you meant "no decent person"?

We could pick apart our overly-trusting society all-year long and still find vulnerabilities. If you want to commit a crime, your only limits are your imagination and your personal boundaries. So what's a "decent person" supposed to do?

Make yourself a "hard target". Make everything and everyone you hold dear, a hard target. "I don't always have to run faster than the bear; I just have to run faster than someone else in the group." Cold reality. Welcome to adulthood.

I'd argue that a well-designed "wall" actually WOULD keep bad-guys out, but then our kids might feel like they goto prison everyday. Or, an even better "wall" would be less obtrusive and almost unnoticeable to the kids, but still quite effective at stopping the bad-guys. However, that will cost more, so... priorities again. "Walls" are not always simply brick and mortar.

Regardless, you could regulate firearms into oblivion, and anyone with imagination with come up with some sort of improvised weapon to get the job done. So why hamstring the law-abiding populace into firearm disarmament? Oh that's right: something that has nothing to do with protecting anyone but a corrupt government...

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

ETA: not to mention the whole "pistol" craze lately.

Along this line of thought I once saw a a printout titled junkyard suppressors. It stated they were illegal to build but gave detailed instructions on how to build a few different kinds, everything from a pop bottle taped on a pistol to one that required the ability to thread pipe, drill center holes and stuff with steel wool.
    Never had the urge to be a felon so I've never tried any of the ideas I read about

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I disagree. The more effective "tragedies" are carried-out by "thinkers".
    Maybe you meant "no decent person"?
    ................................ government...
    Thinkers, Not really. Can you give instances of such deep thinking. It seems to always be guns that are used. There a lot of other ways to inflict mass causalities. But it always seems for the school killings they all employ the same method. If they have bombs, the bombs do not work. What deep thinking does it take to walk into a school and shoot unarmed people.
    Thinking is what I am talking about not decent. But what deep thinking could motivate a teenager to sacrifice their own life to kill others, that in most cases have done nothing to them. I could see a thinking non-decent person figure out a way to kill many and not get caught.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not looking forward to the new TTP that will be the nation-wide LE fix to this. Anyone that looks like a target will be dealt with as one, x10. This will make no-knock warrants pale in comparison. Time for a pause and a sanity-check folks.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Frommer, I'm not going to list out all of the horrible things done in society to prove that the perpetrators "thought" about their actions and planned them out. It's a moot point.

The bottom line is always the same: criminal commits a crime, but the ensuing society discussions are focused on unrelated "solutions".

Who cares what weapon was used if he never had unfettered access to an unarmed target pool?

An armed society is a polite society. Effective security policies would deter these easy crimes. Make the precious resources hard targets. Heck, Walmart has better security than that school...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heck, Walmart has better security than that school...
    Walmart has security and Parkland perhaps only in name.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    On Wednesday, the Florida Senate voted to back Gov. Ron DeSantis' suspension of Broward Sheriff Scott Israel.
    <!-- blocks/ad.twig -->

<!-- blocks/ad.twig -->
    The Florida Senate voted 25 to 15 to permanently remove Scott Israel as Broward sheriff.

Top Bottom