• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I just recently bought a Sig P365 and I am weary of trusting it I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because of stupid job I am on call 24/7. I have a October 2018 manufacture date one and seems the upgrades have been made and should be good in theory. I am not going to carry it until I get a chance to shoot it. What has been some other luck on your P365s?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wouldn't trust any pistol that I haven't put a minimum of 100 rounds through (includes testing all mags). Many Mfgs don't bother to test fire all compleed guns. Is there confidence in knowing other peoples P365s work right or that your gun/mags work right? Depend on another gun you trust until you make time to test yours.

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well that's pretty obvious. I guess you didn't read my whole post of not trusting it until I put rounds downrange just seeing alot of broken ones on YouTube and hearing on forums makes me weary.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read your entire OP. I wrote what I do. Why I do it. That other peoples happey endings might not be your experience. I agreed with your position not to depend on it until you test it. Routine conversation cross referencing your comments shouldn't ruffle your feathers. I'll bail out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Along with shooting it at the range,while at the range I take it apart to clean it several times. It is a weapon familiarizing thing for me. Checking to make sure all the parts are correct and go togrther properly.
    I even do this with a new Glock which are pretty much all the same.
    The number of rounds that I put thru a new gun can vary. A range gun is one thing. A carry for hunting or SD/HD is another thing altogether. I want my gun loose and the parts worn together. --- SAWMAN

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, you can do a couple things while NOT at the range for testing.

1. Hand-cycle snap caps thru it while watching TV.
    2. Do the Cotton Ball test for burrs on the slide rails.
    3. Make sure the safety really works!

Those should give you a decent baseline to work with, the only thing you're missing would be actual recoil.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a P365.
    With the 12 round mag. It fits my grip great. There is some striker drag. But Sig installed a hardened firing pin in the newer versions and eliminated it being a problem. I think it is the best EDC I've ever seen. Trigger is great for a micro and grip is surprisingly small for a 12 round mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom