• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got an xdm 9mm. 20 rounds and I've got 10 more mags ready to go if need be

^^^ this ^^^ there may be other pistols with that capacity, but I don't know what they'd be...the XDm comes with target sights...mine has fiber optic front but none on the rear sight...that would be the only negative to this pistol... Springfield XD series are as reliable and accurate as anything I've owned...the rest is personal preference.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No doubt the CZ Shadow is a nice gun . Triggers are lighter than I'd want on a SD gun . Most of what's available in the upper end have been tuned for range use with target loads . Too bad Glocks just don't work for me as they're like an AK they work & are reliable , every one that's had trigger work feels spongy . Reasons I thought about retiring the 357's are ammo capacity , muzzle blast , highly effective with full loads but I don't trust many of the 38 + P rounds available . Same reasons I don't use my 41 mags in this role either . 9mm with the new ammo + added ammo capacity was the inital attraction . Yes I also have a pair of 590A1's in the same role . Every room in the house has a gun , secured but readily available . For me a 1911 in 45acp is also an excellant house gun , so building 4 more is also an option . Got some more pondering / research to do . I do appreciate all the ideas .

965B926C-1DB8-4CD3-937A-5D8AAD882B60.png
    Pdx1 is available at academy.

Attachments

• 965B926C-1DB8-4CD3-937A-5D8AAD882B60.png
      965B926C-1DB8-4CD3-937A-5D8AAD882B60.png
      71.9 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I recently added a Sig 320 compact as my primary carry/home defense gun. It came with the dot installed. I like the dot because my eyes are not as young as they used to be. Automatically comes on with movement. Fits my hand very well and I think the trigger is a good carry/SD weight. 4” barrel and 14 rounds is good for me.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Russ what brand of dot did you go with? Would not put one on my carry pieces but thinking to get one for my house pistol.

Top Bottom