• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdeuser74

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for a .380 for the wife. Send a pic and price of what you got thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Bodyguard 380 very nice. Pocket holster and 3 mags along with factory s&w zippered case for 300
    It does have a thumb safety as well

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Moved to the WTB Firearms section, please pay attention to the section in which you're posting. Thanks, JW

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Make sure that your wife can operate the slide of a pistol.
    I wanted to buy my wife a Glock 42 but the slide is extremely hard for her to operate.
    Look at the S&W Shield EZ. All the controls are made to be easily manipulated.
    An alternative to a pistol chambered in 380Auto could be a revolver chambered in 38Special shooting standard pressure loads. IMO . . . +P NOT NEEDED. --- SAWMAN

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Make sure that your wife can operate the slide of a pistol.

+1 My wife tried several and the 42 was the one she could manipulate the best. Unfortunately the one we tried threw the brass right in her face. Ended up getting her a 38 air weight.

MPDCLTRET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May I suggest looking at a Kahr? I’ve carried them for years… first a P9, then a CM9, and now a P380. My wife has a CM9 and a P380. All are excellent pistols.

When I was in law enforcement (seems like a million years ago), I carried a revolver. The Kahr operates pretty much the same as a revolver with a long trigger pull, so the transition for me was very easy. With the Kahr, you get the advantage of better concealability over revolvers. Because of the trigger design, there’s no need for a safety.

For .380, you might look at a CW380 or a CT380. Both are part of Kahr’s Value Series of pistols.

From the Kahr website: “P Series pistols are Kahr's premium polymer pistol with match grade polygonal barrels, machined slide stops, dovetailed front sights, and slides with engraved markings and extensive cosmetic rounding. P Series pistols are provided with three magazines. CW Series pistols have Kahr's same patented features, but reduce production cost by use of barrels with conventional rifling, fewer operations on the slide exterior resulting in simple roll markings and pinned front sights. CW Series pistols use a metal-injection-molded slide stop, and are shipped with one magazine. Magazine, triggerguard lasers and holster fitments are shared between pistols of the same size and caliber.”

My experience has been that there’s no difference in function or accuracy with the Value Series compared to the Premium Series even though the Value Series sells for a lot less. In fact, my wife’s CM9 has a lighter and smoother trigger than my PM9!

I bought the P380 several years ago because I wanted night sights, which were not available on the CW380 at that time. My P380 now has a Crimson Trace LaserGuard laser sight, so night sights are no longer an issue. If I were buying today, I would most likely pick the CW380.

The CW380 is identical in size to the P380. The CT380 is slightly larger. The P380 and CW380 hold 6 + 1 and the CT380 holds 7 +1. Both pistols sell for around $300 shipped.

If you pick the CW380 (MSRP $419 or MSRP $439 with front night sight) and add two additional magazines at $40 each to match what comes with the P380, you’re still at only $400 or so.

Good luck in your “hunt”.

T140

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you're not a brand hound, check out Bersa Thunder. Very reliable, accurate, and will not break the bank.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a .380 Bodyguard here I'll let go for $200 Box, case and all that... (shot less than 20 times). But with that being said and I know how important it is to "have the right weapon" A Ruger LCP in .380, or 9MM may be a better option. As said above, the trigger on the Bodyguard is something to get used to.... I find the .380 LCP is a very easy gun to carry and operate. Just my 2 cents...

If your interested, we can meet up and she can shoot both the Bodyguard and then my LCP, but I know deep down which direction you would travel... :) (Not the best picture. but its new...)

Attachments

• 1230181016.jpg
      1230181016.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 76
    Last edited:

T140

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gander Outdoors sale prices good through 1/2719.
    8790a1fbdc0e12685a19aeb5ade4f113.jpg

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a .380 Bodyguard here I'll let go for $200 Box, case and all that... (shot less than 20 times). But with that being said and I know how important it is to "have the right weapon" A Ruger LCP in .380, or 9MM may be a better option. As said above, the trigger on the Bodyguard is something to get used to.... I find the .380 LCP is a very easy gun to carry and operate. Just my 2 cents...

If your interested, we can meet up and she can shoot both the Bodyguard and then my LCP, but I know deep down which direction you would travel... :) (Not the best picture. but its new...)

I have to retract this offer, I sold the Bodyguard. But your wife can still try my LCP 380....

Members online

Top Bottom