• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to wiki the following is what happened. So it seems the republicans also played political hard ball towards court nominees. But not through character assassination.
    Political commentators widely recognized Scalia as one of the most conservative members of the Court, and noted that a more liberal replacement could shift the Court's ideological balance for many years into the future. The confirmation of Garland would have given Democratic appointees a majority on the Supreme Court for the first time since the 1970 confirmation of Harry Blackmun.[3] After the death of Scalia, Republican Senate leaders announced that they planned to hold no vote on any potential nomination during the president's last year in office.[4] Senate Democrats criticized the move as being unprecedented and responded that there was sufficient time to vote on a nominee before the election.[5] Garland's nomination expired on January 3, 2017, with the end of the 114th Congress. The nomination remained before the Senate for 293 days,[6] the longest nomination process in the history of Supreme Court nominations.[7] With the failure of Garland's nomination, President Donald Trump, a Republican, successfully nominated Neil Gorsuch in 2017.[6]

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    WhereWeGo1WeGoAll........................................Qanon
    Truth is not what you want it to be.
    It is what it is,
    and you must bend to its power or live a lie.
    -Miyamaoto Musashi

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to wiki the following is what happened. So it seems the republicans also played political hard ball towards court nominees. But not through character assassination.

And we are all the better for that delay. We have enough communists in govt that hate our country and want to turn it into Europe. No thanks. If Europe is so great, I believe they will allow anyone who wants to go, come in, especially Jihadists.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    My position has absolutely no impact on RBG, I doubt her minion clerks screen Gun Forums. Every minute she sits on the Bench is a continuing threat to the Constitution. I don't care how she dies, the sooner the better. I'll gladly take the heat! Likewise I'm a gun owner and she can hope I die soon too. Just as I'm a one issue Voter, that's the same preference on SCOTUS Justices. Hell, she can't even stay awake to hear full oral arguements as far back as 2006!, but she'll vote on them! A few months ago, she said she had five more years to go on the Bench. I hope not. If I say I hope the other Left leaning Justices follow suit, you would know exactly who I'm referring to due to their well known bias!

Interpret Laws AS WRITEN with the Constitution being the Supreme Law of the Land.
    Evaluate lower Courts decisions based on Case Law, origional evidence and Actions of Officers of the Court.
    Judicial Review of other Two Branches of Gov.
    I don't see any application for personal bias if Justices executed their duties as written. Every damn one swears they're not bias or political during confirmation then vote along the Party lines that appointed them with rare exceptions. Justice Chase was the only SCOTUS Jurist to be impeached (political bias of course), it didn't pass and he served for 25 years.

Not politically correct, don't care either.

ditto........imo rbg is a Traitor to her oath...........

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does not look like RBG will be going anywhere soon!

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will miss arguments for second week, but no further treatments planned

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will miss a second week of oral arguments as she continues to recover from cancer surgery she underwent last month, court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Friday.
    But Ginsburg's recovery is on track, there is no evidence of remaining cancer in her body and no further treatment is planned.
    Ginsburg will continue to participate in the cases on the basis of the briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/sup...d-week-but-no-further-treatments-planned.html

Last edited:

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is she wasting her time? She doesn't even need to hear the oral arguments. Everyone knows she's going to come down on the left wing side of things no matter what the facts and arguments are...

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    imo RuthBaderGinsberg was a cancer for women and children in the usa.....imo She was a closet Pedophile.

In 1977 when Ginsburg was General Counsel of the ACLU, she co-authored (with Brenda Feigen-Fasteau) Sex Bias in the U.S. Code: A Report of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, which was published by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in April 1977, for which Ginsburg and Feigen-Fasteau were paid with federal funds under Contract No. CR3AK010.

The 230-page Sex Bias in the U.S. Code identifies hundreds of federal laws alleged to discriminate against women and recommends an avalanche of government and social changes, including:

Military draft and combat duty for women.
    Legalization of prostitution (see pages 97, 99, 215-216 of Sex Bias in the U.S. Code)
    Sex integration of prisons, reformatories, schools and colleges and their activities (including sports), all-girls and all-boys organizations, and fraternities and sororities.
    Changing the names of the Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts and Big Brothers of America to reflect sex integration (see pages 145, 205 of Sex Bias in the U.S. Code).
    Elimination of the traditional family concept of husband as breadwinner and wife as homemaker.
    Comprehensive government child-care.
    Adoption of sex-neutral language, e.g., “artificial” instead of “manmade”; “person, human” instead of “man, woman”; and plural nouns “they” and “them” instead of “singular third person pronouns”. At the same time, however, Ginsburg and Feigen-Fasteau hypocritically insist that the U.S. Department of Labor retains its “Women’s Bureau”.

imo...she is a flaming communist that is totally destructive to the USA... She is also a Traitor ,imo, To her OATH to Protect the usa and the usa constitution.... to this end she has been tireless TRAGIC. I LOOK FORWRD TO HER DEATH( MAY SHE ROT IN HELL) AND A NEW JUDGE REPLACING HER

Top Bottom