• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishriverrods1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello to all, spent 30 years deer hunting and working on custom rifles in North Carolina, before moving back home to the Gulf Coast a few years ago, to get back to saltwater fishing. Gave up deer hunting about 15 years ago, and am shocked at all the new calibers and firearms being made. Full disclosure, I joined to access the For Sale section, as my old school deer rifles are sitting in a closet growing dust. Reading the postings about what's going on now is very interesting, and while I will probably mostly lurk, I look forward to learning a few things.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome to the forum, great to have you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Welcome to the forum sir. Things have really changed in the gun world in the last several years. There are answers to questions that were never asked. If you don't own a 6.5Creedmoor you must be ballistically challenged. And a 50yd pistol is a must for concealed carry.
    The saltwater fishing is still so-so. The red snapper "guru's" are still a bit crazy. And the cost of rods,reels,line,and other equipment is greatly inflated. But all in all,the saltwater fishing is still good,especially inshore.
    There are hunting clubs and gun ranges around. Any info on that . . . just ask.
    Do not expect to get the "normal" price for guns in the P'cola area. Especially the higher end weapons.
    Welcome back to the "Redneck Riviera". --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Post up some of those dusty rifles. You don't have to sell them right now if you don't wanna. Just curious as to what you may have.
    Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Welcome.
    At least we are all in agreement that 30/06 is the best chambering for deer ever made. :fencing:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Wecome, and I am sure you will enjoy it here until the first major hurricane reminds you of how they are! LOL

What area of NC were you in? I was wanting to move to W. TN of E. NC until the wife made it clear she likes it here; after four trips scouting the areas. :hail:

fishriverrods1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wecome, and I am sure you will enjoy it here until the first major hurricane reminds you of how they are! LOL

What area of NC were you in? I was wanting to move to W. TN of E. NC until the wife made it clear she likes it here; after four trips scouting the areas. :hail:

I was in New Orleans for Betsy in '65 and had just left here for the Army when Camille showed her ugly face. Still got my T-shirt. I lived near Fayetteville, and spent my time deer hunting Ft. Bragg reservation. Been a long time though, I don't even know if they allow civilians out there now, with all the increased security.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And . . . . everyone here agrees . . . . a 300BLK is the only chambering you will ever need to kill any animal that walks the face of the earth. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom