• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blu Goose

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guys,
    I’m having problems trying to mount my own scope. I have a Savage model 11, trigicon 3x9x40 scope and DNZ mounts. My problem is, after mounting and trying to bore sight with a laser, the scope sets way too high. I had to dail the scope all the way toward up to align cross hairs. I tried sliding the scope forward and back. Still way to high. Is it something I’m doing or do some guns just align off.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Scope rings come in various highs from low to x-high. Depending on the diameter of the objective bell use the rings that put the scope closest to the barrel.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    One piece or two piece doesn't change my original assessment. Trijicon makes a good product but it's possible the scope is not in sync to the adjustment knobs, but unlikely. Although, I looked at the Game Reaper mount for the Savage and it looks like a low enough mount that you shouldn't have this problem. Every scope I've ever mounted was a couple clicks up/down or right/left and done.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s a one piece DNZ mount

Then you may have the wrong scope mount.
    If it's the right one for fitment, re-check your mount to receiver and the rings for proper fitment. they need to be sequenced tightened to prevent the scope being in a bind causing misalignment. Do the same on the scope mount to the receiver. A scope level works great too.
    Also, the screws should be tightened with a inch-pound torque wrench to specifications for proper tightness.

Read the scope info to get the max windage/elevation (# of clicks). Click/turn it all the way one way (left/right doesn't matter). Then turn it the opposite direction counting the clicks. Once you are halfway in the clicks, do the other one the same way. Now you have it (reticle/cross-hairs) centered. Now you can bore sight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom