• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    considering a cz75 p01 suppressor ready model. I like them aesthetically and how they fit in the hand, but dont know much else about them. I fired Jogans sub-size cz a few years ago at an IDPA comp, but thats my experience with them. I havent heard/seen anything bad about them at this point, but I'm not real sure which features to stay away from or those to look for.

First hand experience/opinions welcome

also, those with FFL I welcome a price quote directly or via PM. sku91235

Last edited:

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I have the 75 Compact, 75 Shadow and the 75 Shadow 2. I use all 3 solely for Competition and love all 3 and across the board the fit and finish of a CZ is hard to beat. Depending on what your gonna use it for they have several models to fit the bill. I’m pro CZ.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 75 compact, 75B Retro in 9mm and 75 SAO in .40 ...best handgun value on the planet as far as i'm concerned. Steel construction and the SAO models feature a crisp, single action trigger...all others are single/double. They are heavy; even the compact as it is steel....I shoot them all very well. There are other varieties featuring rails, other materials etc..though these pistols are excellent in every way and have nothing bad to say about any of them. I know there are several on this forum that shoot competition with them so I'm pretty sure others will chime in.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have two sp01 variants. I have the safety model and the decocker. I have switched back and forth between the CZ and a couple different polymer guns for competition. I keep coming back to the CZ. They are one of the most accurate guns I have ever shot right out of the box. I recently sent one of the slides off to get it milled for a dot. Absolutely love that combo. I started shooting with a polymer gun - but I really like the feel of the all metal versions.

You are more than welcome to take either of mine for a test drive if you like.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think true CZ 75 Series are generally well regarded. You can find some grumbling about them like a correct recoil spring to match lite range ammo or trigger reset spring failure but those folks all say they are doing thousands of dry fire repetitions. Just as .45APC ties to the 1911, the 9mm ties to the CZ though other calibers are avail.

The triggers are better in pistols that don't have the firing pin block ("B" identifer). Same type issue with 1911s Series 70 have better triggers than Series 80 that have a firing pin block.

Though CZ are a very capable pistols, I would not use one for self defense: in that roll I don't want DAO/DA-SA with decockers/safeties; therefore i don't need compacts or lighter poly frames either.

Ironically, compared to a basic CZ75: higher and lower priced "clones" tend to be a little better or not as good as their prices suggest. At CZ, you can get a much better pistol than the basic CZ75 if you have the cash to throw at it. Lol

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a M9 and I know the pistol is accurate, but I don't shoot it consistently accurately. I'm sure if I shot that pistol almost exclusively, I'd do much better but between ergo and trigger, it requires much more concentration and practice...the CZ is more natural for me, I can go months without shooting it, and pick it up and shoot fairly well with it...just personal preference I suppose, though I would say if you could poll people who've shot cz often, you'd see a bias/consistent message that would lean towards CZ

TactiNormal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Short answer, YES

Long answer, YEEESSSSS

Got a CZ75BD, CZ75 Shadow, CZ75 Tac Sports, and a CZ75 Shadow Longslide. You won't find a finer DA/SA platform and now that they're very popular in competition parts are easy to come by.

ewgannaway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My pistol collection includes representative examples from Ruger, Sig Sauer, Glock, Canik, Girsan, Beretta, Rock Island Armory, Tanfoglio, and CZ. If I had to liquidate and pare down to just a few, the CZs would stay. For me, the CZs are the most accurate and comfortable pistols I own...they just fit. I didn't know my hand had a g-spot until I put a CZ in it.

Top Bottom