• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    talk in the street is the verbiage includes binary triggers, theres also talk about 30 round mags. it may get ugly here. where was the nra and goa? were they even involved?
    So far the NRA has only released a statement. I am definitely worried about what ever else might be added even if I am happy with 20 rounders and have no use for binary triggers. But they get the gun banning camel's nose in the tent, just where will it stop?

Hours after the Department of Justice put put forward the final language of the bump stock ban the NRA issued a statement expressing disappointment that citizens who legally purchased the accessories are not allowed to keep them. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...an-current-owners-should-allowed-keep-theirs/

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NRA is politically weakened right now since the disclosure that they were in bed with Russia. The GOA may be the best bet for the time being.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the tragedies in this fiasco is the people that lost their lives in Vegas...and we still don't know why, motive, background etc...seems like one of America's best kept secrets...in fact it is so secret, and so far removed from the media that my radar is up big time...why? There is always an answer...at least some evidence leading to some logical conclusion...a void of nothingness... a media vacuum...you have dozens of people killed, hundreds injured...I would have thought it would still be in the news, in the section right after Trump collusion...heck, even Benghazi stayed in the news longer than the AR/bump stock shooter...weird is all I can say.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NRA is politically weakened right now since the disclosure that they were in bed with Russia. The GOA may be the best bet for the time being.
    The GOA (edit to say GOP) is more compromised relative to russia even if it is exaggerated.

The NRA got infiltrated by a single russian agent and exactly what was the result of that other than her IIRC going to jail.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any for sale? How much since they will be worthless soon?
    Likely a lot of people burying them thinking they would be of some value in an upcoming zombie apocalypse.

I for sure have no use for them. There is always the possibility that ATF could obtain order histories from vendors and track them down. There was a case when they tracked down buyers of makarov pistol aftermarket barrels. Somebody used one to kill a federal prosecutor out in the northwest. They had a suspect, but to my knowledge got no sent to prison over it. A .380 was said to have been fired down a 9 mm Mak after market barrel. Impossible to trace the rifling, but likely the chamber and firing pin left marks. I do not think they ever found the barrel.

I for sure do not want to deal with those people.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    If I found one in a ditch and had it in my closet, how would they ever find it? Nobody knows I have it unless they beat down the door and raid the house. But at this point they prob have the technology to see me in my living room right now from somebody's desk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Likely a lot of people burying them thinking they would be of some value in an upcoming zombie apocalypse.

I for sure have no use for them. There is always the possibility that ATF could obtain order histories from vendors and track them down. There was a case when they tracked down buyers of makarov pistol aftermarket barrels. Somebody used one to kill a federal prosecutor out in the northwest. They had a suspect, but to my knowledge got no sent to prison over it. A .380 was said to have been fired down a 9 mm Mak after market barrel. Impossible to trace the rifling, but likely the chamber and firing pin left marks. I do not think they ever found the barrel.

I for sure do not want to deal with those people.

A lot easier when there’s one manufacturer of the barrels you’re looking for, and it’s understood people will get their property back once it’s obvious they aren’t an assassin.
    Of course, I personally don’t buy that it was the wrong caliber in the weapon. Federal made plenty of 9x18 to 380 conversion barrels, and I wouldn’t trust most law enforcement to properly word anything regarding firearms(how many times has a 10/22 been called an ak, or a dpms a machine gun).

Also, last time I checked comey was fired and mueller was investigating elections. Idk how either of them could have had anything to do with a federal agency’s policy change, when said agency is actually under the direct control of the president(not the FBI, their former director, or a special council.)

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Slippery slope arguments aside, I have no use for bump stocks and I certainly would not risk a federal prison and a lifetime loss of gun rights to own one. If the zombies come, only accurate head shot count anyway :) In a self defense situation, I would never want to spray and pray. Again only accurate shots are wanted. Nevertheless, I do support other's rights to own bump stocks if they want. This is a political rather than a law enforcement move by our president.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My problem with turning it over is the money I’m out of for the initial purchase. I bought one, I tried it out, and I didn’t really like it, but I certainly don’t condone the fed simply saying that I have 90 days to destroy my legally bought property or I basically become a criminal. They offer a buyout or grandfathering, I’ll probably take advantage, but until then I haven’t decided what I’ll do other than join the GOA.
    Like Jeb, I’m not sure I’m willing to risk a prison sentence over one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    how would they track them?

you can tell, I do not have one, is a background check done or something? it is not a gun, or gun part, can't see why..

scotus bound...

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At least Floridians don't have to worry about the issue since bump stocks were banned by our state overlords earlier this year and possession of them after October 1st became a felony.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At least Floridians don't have to worry about the issue since bump stocks were banned by our state overlords earlier this year and possession of them after October 1st became a felony.

Has any been turned in? anywhere in Florida? anyone know?

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has any been turned in? anywhere in Florida? anyone know?

I haven't heard of anybody getting busted for one. But I'm sure knowing this state we'll eventually see a bump stock related "Florida Man..." headline.:rolleyes:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    someone has to unjustly be prosecuted in order for a case to be brought to the Supreme Court I believe...I don't own one and I don't live in Florida so it won't be me...somewhere, you are right, is a person who will be a victim of modern, activist judge, court system and so called "lawmakers"...I hate that title.

Trump, while is largely effective, does talk and act from his ass sometimes...case in point, bump stocks...how about getting back to the shooter and let us inquiring minds know what this high roller with a death warrant for himself was doing shooting up a country concert....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have a fire, a medical emergency, a theft, or other reason for the authorities to enter your home it could come to the attention of the police.

Top Bottom