HD Tactical

What is an Alternative to Cox Internet service ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been with Cox forever.......constantly going out.....horrible service...WAY OVERPRICED..and just went up on their prices again this month....but what other Internet Providers are there besides AT&T or worse !!!

I just need Internet service ....no cable....TV ....Etc

Any info/ help would be very much appreciated.....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep asking the same question. I have AT&T. I only need internet. Right I am also getting a land line from them also.

Last edited:

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea.....I can get everything I need from the internet...that's why I turned my cable svc off years ago..I don't watch regular TV.....but Cox is getting too expensive for what I'm getting.......but the internet is my ONLY connection to the outside world......
    I am just tired of being gouged and held hostage by them.....Wish there was a more affordable internet service provider.......

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    your land line phone service will have it but slower than cox generally. Can you set up your cell as a hot spot?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    At&t sucks. I'd pass on Dish and anything that uses a dish, lol. Cox is still better than the alternatives

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    your land line phone service will have it but slower than cox generally. Can you set up your cell as a hot spot?

Hey Frank....Yea I have been checking on all kinds of stuff.....it actually appears that there is really no less expensive alternative.....where the problems come in is the fact that a ton of folks have this OLD email address........The VA....My family......Friends ( Go ahead....laugh )......

It just pisses me off that they are constantly going up on price.....and I have the cheapest internet plan.....but it sucks....runs slow often....will shut down every time the wind blows...but that seems to be true no matter what plan your on with Cox.....and they just keep raising the monthly cost.....
    I'm open to suggestions......

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At&t sucks. I'd pass on Dish and anything that uses a dish, lol. Cox is still better than the alternatives

Thanks....ain't it hell when your internet service really sucks.....and you come to find out that it is best going on out there !!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hey Frank....Yea I have been checking on all kinds of stuff.....it actually appears that there is really no less expensive alternative.....where the problems come in is the fact that a ton of folks have this OLD email address........The VA....My family......Friends ( Go ahead....laugh )......

It just pisses me off that they are constantly going up on price.....and I have the cheapest internet plan.....but it sucks....runs slow often....will shut down every time the wind blows...but that seems to be true no matter what plan your on with Cox.....and they just keep raising the monthly cost.....
    I'm open to suggestions......

OK I was on cox for a time and used the cox.net email, when you turn off and go anywhere all history goes away. So this time I used a Gmail address, in fact 4 of them and never activated the cox.net address. SO the point is setup a gmail(or any alternative you like), start switching everyone and place over to it, that way sometime in the future you will not have that issue. It does not matter if you keep cox or not just do it, you will thank me later. cox suck but it is the best out there, even if you go off TV you still have to have internet.

Here is an idea,get the current cheapest bundle offering, I bet it is as cheap or cheaper than internet alone.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK I was on cox for a time and used the cox.net email, when you turn off and go anywhere all history goes away. So this time I used a Gmail address, in fact 4 of them and never activated the cox.net address. SO the point is setup a gmail(or any alternative you like), start switching everyone and place over to it, that way sometime in the future you will not have that issue. It does not matter if you keep cox or not just do it, you will thank me later. cox suck but it is the best out there, even if you go off TV you still have to have internet.

Here is an idea,get the current cheapest bundle offering, I bet it is as cheap or cheaper than internet alone.
    they offer these cheap bundles for one year or maybe a few months and then whole price goes crazy. I absolutely do not want the tv at all. TV is a huge time waster.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't watched TV in years.....to let you know how long ago it was....I have a 54 inch "PLASMA" TV with surround sound...well 1/2 round anyway.....Like a lot of other folks....It was just a waste of time and money......

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The reason Cox keeps jackin up the price is they have no direct competition. When the hell are the phone companies going to get smart and have fiber run to all the residences so they can start offering high speed internet in competition with Cox??? I thought by this day and age we'd have a lot more options for internet service but I guess that's what happens when you're in a small market area. I spent a week in Nashville recently, we stayed at a hotel in the Gulch area of town and walked down to Broadway, on the way there I noticed a Google Fiber store, they obviously have more options in the big city!

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes....The fact they don't have any strong competition hurts us.....in my area Cox is still running on connections that are 20+++ years old....I bought this house 16 years ago and nothing has changed ......I saw a tech sitting on the street out front.....went out and ask him if all this stuff was sorta old school.....he laughed....and said ..Worse than that...And Cox Was Not going to do anything to upgrade this area...Damn it's 2018 !!!....but they keep going up on their prices for this Bullshit service.....

Anyway....Rant over.....another typical Gotcha Service !!!

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I live between Milton & Pace, and they just put in fiber optic a couple of months ago. I called to complain (I have to do it once a year). They installed fiber optic in my house. I was paying $50.00 a month for 25mghz. I now have 100 mghz for $20.00 a month. Unlike cable, there are no line losses. I've checked my internet speed online and am at 100-130mghz consistently. My tv picture improved and I have had no ghosting. My cable went down from $169-$180 a month to 92.00. And I didn't give up any channels.

Last edited:

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live between Milton & Pace, and they just put in fiber optic a couple of months ago. I called to complain (I have to do it once a year). They installed fiber optic in my house. I was paying $50.00 a month for 25mghz. I now have 100 mghz for $20.00 a month. Unlike cable, there are no line losses. I've checked my internet speed online and am at 100-130mghz consistently. My tv picture improved and I have had no ghosting. My cable went down from $169-$180 a month to 92.00. And I didn't give up any channels.
    You have cox?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom