• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm an annual for both. I may not like everything the NRA does or doesn't do but they're our first line of defense and the GOA is all over everything but they lack the numbers and dollars to be as effective as the NRA right now. Although they are steadily growing and have the tenacity, they just don't have the funding like the NRA.

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm an annual for both. I may not like everything the NRA does or doesn't do but they're our first line of defense and the GOA is all over everything but they lack the numbers and dollars to be as effective as the NRA right now. Although they are steadily growing and have the tenacity, they just don't have the funding like the NRA.

My thinking exactly.
    Annual members to the NRA over time pay more which is better for the NRA in the long run. I am an annual member. I joined in about 1962.
    My position: support pro-gun organizations and politicians and never forget or forgive an antigun stab in the back of the 2nd amendment by a lying two faced politician.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm a member of the NRA, but not the GOA, with the BAWN thing here in florida, I may join the GOA as well. can't hurt, right?

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm a member of the NRA, but not the GOA, with the BAWN thing here in florida, I may join the GOA as well. can't hurt, right?
    Personally I like the Goa stance better, no compromise. We need to be expanding our 2A rights not fighting to keep them from chipping away at them but the NRA is definitely an established and necessary player.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NRA also has another role in that is the traditional shooting disciplines and some of the newer disciplines. The RNA also does safety training and other things that are important to the shooting world.
    Prior to Cincinnati in '78 they were not so political and allowed the '68 gun control act to go through. IIRC with the '94 assault weapons bill they refused to compromise on 20 rd mag capacity that which was the right position and the democrats lost the house in the ensuring elections. Eventually politicians have learned that spitting in the face of gun owners can lose elections.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    BAWN https://bawnfl.org/index.html I figured this would get a little bit of a discussion started. I'm guess this BAWN initiative isn't much of a concern then? I'm not clear something like this can get approved, if the state doesn't back it, but I figure the politicians just might fall in line if it gets to that point. was looking to see where everyone else may be onboard with and get in there too.

oh well... :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom