• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking on the bright side... I guess he'll remember to lock his doors from now on.:eek:hwell:

Firearms, including a sniper rifle, were stolen from a SWAT team member’s unlocked car this week, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office reports.

...a person or persons entered the vehicle and stole two firearms -- an Accuracy International AT308 bolt-action rifle with scope and a Sig Sauer P226 9 mm pistol -- and several pieces of specialized equipment.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/...n-from-unlocked-sarasota-swat-members-vehicle

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It happens, firearms are stolen out of unlocked vehicles almost every night in Escambia County. I imagine its the same throughout the country.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stealing police guns from unattended cars has happened many times and many places. Not too long ago happened in Escambia county, FL. This is a problem for civilians also. Even more so since often CCW must leave guns in parked cars to legally enter certain buildings.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Where's that law they're trying to push through to make us accountable for our firearms inside our homes and vehicles?! I can't recall which state, but you would be brought up on charges if your gun was stolen from your home or auto that was unlocked.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The trick to dealing with leaving your gun in a car, is place it into a Car Safe
    LONG BEFORE you ever get to the courthouse...so nobody sees you do it!

Like putting it in a FIRST ACT guitar case...cause ain't NOBODY gonna steal cheap kid's guitars ;)

SASS se.jpg

There are some really NICE car safes, intergral, hidden, just depends on how much money you wanna lay out.
    A quick Google of Automobile Gun Safe opens one up to a whole new world!

Attachments

• SASS se.jpg
      SASS se.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 543

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If a firearm was stolen from my car,I would have to pay to replace it,right. That is the first thing that should happen to the LEO that has his gun stolen from his home,or vech.
    NEXT . . . initiate an investigation to determine his competence as . . . "one of America's finest". He most likely should be fired,or in the least,demoted. --- SAWMAN

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If a firearm was stolen from my car,I would have to pay to replace it,right. That is the first thing that should happen to the LEO that has his gun stolen from his home,or vech.
    NEXT . . . initiate an investigation to determine his competence as . . . "one of America's finest". He most likely should be fired,or in the least,demoted. --- SAWMAN

What?! You mean holding cops accountable? Get outta here with your logic.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe it has changed, but did not army make you pay for a destroyed or lost piece of equipment including your rifle.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The trick to dealing with leaving your gun in a car, is place it into a Car Safe

Now you'll be missing not only your guns but your goofy car safe too. Why not lock them in the trunk and Lock the doors?

Where's that law they're trying to push through to make us accountable for our firearms inside our homes and vehicles?! I can't recall which state, but you would be brought up on charges if your gun was stolen from your home or auto that was unlocked.

I was thinking this same thing, I believe it was Alabama, but I'm thinking it was only if it was taken from your unlocked vehicle (domicile was not included)?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It happens, firearms are stolen out of unlocked vehicles almost every night in Escambia County. I imagine its the same throughout the country.
    sometimes locking the car means you also have to buy a new window.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    sometimes locking the car means you also have to buy a new window.

Not sure if I wanna go with:
    A: so I guess he saved the tax payers for a window and a couple lock boxes
    or
    B: guess we will never know if the asshole(s) would’ve bothered knocking out windows since the officer didn’t bother locking his car.

Couple years back Escambia had a deputy catch a shotgun blast in the chest, to have his sidearm stolen. So some people are willing to kill over a 500$ glock. A lot more people are willing to try a door and grab whatever they can. There is no unsinkable ship, but Lock, Hide, Dont Leave is law enforcements response to neighborhood car burglary’s. It’d be kinda nice if they at least followed the standards they expect us too.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe it has changed, but did not army make you pay for a destroyed or lost piece of equipment including your rifle.

Destruction of Military Property (UCMJ 108) was indeed charged to you.
    Dependant on the circumstances surrounding the loss or destruction.
    If a troop let his rifle be run over by a Bradley, payroll deduct could be implemented...
    along with restriction of duty & other lovely things the CO could come up with ;)
    Many's a corporal reduced to buck private ;)
    IIRC, one poor bugger got a Big Chicken Dinner for drunkenly crashing out a CUC-V,
    and Destruction of Army Property was one of the other charges, along with drinking on duty.

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now you'll be missing not only your guns but your goofy car safe too. Why not lock them in the trunk and Lock the doors?

I was thinking this same thing, I believe it was Alabama, but I'm thinking it was only if it was taken from your unlocked vehicle (domicile was not included)?

They aren't going to take the time to get a properly anchored car safe out. Easier to just steal the whole car.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Destruction of Military Property (UCMJ 108) was indeed charged to you.
    Dependant on the circumstances surrounding the loss or destruction.
    If a troop let his rifle be run over by a Bradley, payroll deduct could be implemented...
    along with restriction of duty & other lovely things the CO could come up with ;)
    Many's a corporal reduced to buck private ;)
    IIRC, one poor bugger got a Big Chicken Dinner for drunkenly crashing out a CUC-V,
    and Destruction of Army Property was one of the other charges, along with drinking on duty.

I hope they did not have to pay what the Govt paid for there weapon.

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't talking about a guitar case. I was talking about the locking safes that mount under the back seat, in the console or the flat ones for the back of a SUV. I'd never put guns in a guitar case. They steal guitars too.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My 2017 Tundra will lock all four doors and tailgate,8 minutes after the key is turned off. That is,unless the key is left in the ignition . . . then,the horn will beep three times and it will not lock.
    Can be a PITA sometimes when you are trying to get multiple bags of groceries out of the back seat,but mostly . . . it's a good thing. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom