• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think most wont work unless the vehicle is locked.

oh snap..i missed that part, you mean the doors were unlocked? might as well put a sign up: sale! 100% off , today only...

most companies I think would charge him, if it were company equipment.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    AND . . . it was a Accuracy International gun. Gun+scope was worth how much ?? Guessing $5500-$7000.
    WHY ?? What is the normal/average distance that a civilian sniper will shoot ?? What I heard was 88yds.
    I guess that a Rem 700 in 308Win just would not do. --- SAWMAN

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Washington State is also trying to pass (or may have passed already) a law requiring all firearms to be locked up in a safe in one's domicile. If the gun was stolen and then used in a crime the original owner would be held accountable. Not sure what the punishment is, can't remember off the top of my head.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Washington State is also trying to pass (or may have passed already) a law requiring all firearms to be locked up in a safe in one's domicile. If the gun was stolen and then used in a crime the original owner would be held accountable. Not sure what the punishment is, can't remember off the top of my head.

That's over-reach from Big Brother. Plain and simple. Once again, a criminal commits a crime, but the focus goes to punishing the innocent victim.

When the firearm was purchased through an FLL charging fees from 23 different government agencies and local city councils, was there a Federal requirement to prove ownership of a Class-14 Uber-Safe with triple-locking posi-lock Krillo-bearings and thermal-shielded retinal-kreiping arrays?

Because that's how stupid the laws will end up reading, if this BS keeps up.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There was a cop car sitting in front of the Walmart doors in pace running with nobody inside, turns out some doofus was trying to steal a pellet rifle he stuffed down his pants lmao

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There was a cop car sitting in front of the Walmart doors in pace running with nobody inside, turns out some doofus was trying to steal a pellet rifle he stuffed down his pants lmao

They leave the car running because of the electronics running inside the car. Go on believing the car was Locked. But yes, someone could very easily bust the window out and steal the car, go around the corner, push the trunk release and steal the goodies from within.
    Been safer if he'd shut the car off, I agree.

macdaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    let me take a long shot here...………..these criminal perps are going to be young adults,family members,neighbors or juvee's and there's a good possibility that they live close to victims house...the people/person will sit on the cops guns/stuff possibly stashing it in woods close by..The responsible parties have there friends ,drug dealers or gangsta's as forwarding recipients of the stolen merchandize...On the other side there's fraud or deceit by the possessing party...……...

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking on the bright side... I guess he'll remember to lock his doors from now on.:eek:hwell:

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/...n-from-unlocked-sarasota-swat-members-vehicle

When someone broke into my locked vehicle and stole my AR-15 a few years ago (I got it back missing only the forward grip), I reported it to the PPD and one of the responding officers had the nerve to act like he could make charges come back on me for "letting someone steal a rifle". I immediately turned my back on that fat, disgusting pig and didn't acknowledge him again. Just talked to the other officer instead, who decided to just do his job in a respectful manner and not make my day any harder.

I'm sure there will be no consideration for this officer having charges pinned on him.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's over-reach from Big Brother. Plain and simple. Once again, a criminal commits a crime, but the focus goes to punishing the innocent victim.

When the firearm was purchased through an FLL charging fees from 23 different government agencies and local city councils, was there a Federal requirement to prove ownership of a Class-14 Uber-Safe with triple-locking posi-lock Krillo-bearings and thermal-shielded retinal-kreiping arrays?

Because that's how stupid the laws will end up reading, if this BS keeps up.

They do that because the real target is the legal gun owner. They hate us. So whatever laws they can make to turn us into criminals, they will.

Hard to stay on the right side of the line when that line never stops moving. But that's why they move it.

huntnflorida

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live by the standard “Anything left in a truck (or car) has the great potential to be stolen” I leave my truck doors unlocked 90% of the time. There’s nothing in there to take. I never leave a gun or any other valuable. If for instance I was going to a courthouse for some weird reason, I would gamble and leave my carry gun at home. The asshole burglars of today have the ability to create key fobs to unlock your car. My mother’s car was stolen with a key fob. My favorite vehicles are the ones with all the gun stickers, that sticks out like a dick on a fish!!

bowserb

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to the FBI, there are 240,000 gun thefts each year. I don't know if that includes thefts from LEOs or not. The gun that an illegal alien used to kill Kate Steinle was stolen from a federal agent's unlocked car. Former sheriff of Harris County (Houston) Texas, Adrian Garcia, left his service weapon on a table in his non-alarmed house. It was stolen by a burglar. Luckily that career buffoon has not been elected again, although he has run for at least two other offices. I believe the Washington state legislation did pass--thanks to clever wording on the ballot and grossly misleading advertising. I really try to never leave a gun in my car. If I know I can't take in into my destination--school, courthouse, polling place, known "no guns" business--I leave my handgun at home. Guns at home are in a safe. I do not wish to provide a criminal with a gun. 240,000 guns stolen each year. Wow!

Chrisflvs

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had a gun stolen out of my locked vehicle (trunk) while I was staying overnight at someones house. Also a 2200 dollar engagement ring. They (thief) used a relay attack on my key fob. I went and talked to neighbors and multiple residents found their (locked)car doors and trunks were open in the morning. All were locked.

While everybody should take regular precautions to secure firearms and lock car doors, blaming gun owners is a diversion, we should not become desensitized to crime. I remember a swat officer had a fully automatic rifle and other items stolen out of his vehicle in north escambia county. I prayed to god that firearm was recovered swiftly, but I did not blame the officer. All the facts aren't reported in media. Such as the reason for having gun in vehicle or the method of entry thieves used. But people are quick to blame the victim.

https://weartv.com/news/local/ecso-deputies-recovered-stolen-m4-rifle

Sorry for the rant.

Top Bottom