• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the woman found McLaughlin outside her bedroom door, she shot him once in the head

Short and sweet.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They flew him to a hospital? What a waste.

Meh, hopefully the flight crew got some training out of it. And dispatch, etc. Then, when a good-guy needs them, they're that much more experienced.

Meanwhile, here's another expounded version of the story:

https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-woman-kills-jail-escapee-kicks-her-door-181806403.html

Sounds like the sheriff is very supportive and on her side. Hopefully she can avoid unnecessary legal BS. Heck she deserves a heartfelt "Thank you" from many people...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't like the statement that says the case files will be sent to the prosecutor once the investigation is finished. Rule it a justifiable defensive shooting and close it.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good for Her. She should have got a reward for his capture and a bonus for saving tax payers money for further hospital bills and future court proceedings, not to mention the cost of incarceration. .

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man she didn't even bother with the el presidente. Just one round to the melon and that's that.

This article had the same old usual line saying: "she was licensed to own a firearm". They always say this and it baffles me that so many journalist don't realize there is no license needed to own and posses a firearm in your own home...at least not yet anyways. She may have had a ccw but it's absolutely not required to smoke an escaped inmate inside your own home. I bet if polled well over 50% of public would think you need a license to own a firearm.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't like the statement that says the case files will be sent to the prosecutor once the investigation is finished. Rule it a justifiable defensive shooting and close it.

IANAL but I think the way it works is that it must be investigated by the police and then referred to the prosecutor for a charging decision. I don't think police make decisions about charging.

Also for all we know, although it seems extremely unlikely from the article, perhaps she was in some way complicit in his escape. I doubt it, but, a full investigation is always advised before bringing, or declining charges.

Top Bottom