Target Sports

Bonanza CO-AX Press on Republic Porta Post! VERY CONVENIENT! EXCELLENT CONDITION!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oyeme!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First, sorry for the pictures printing side ways but I can't seem to correct it on this site.

I am at the age where I am getting out of reloading so I am selling my Bonanza CO-AX press and the Republic Porta Post that it has been mounted on.

I don't think the Bonanza (now Forster) CO-AX needs any introduction as it has been recognized as one of the best presses for many years due to several of its patented design features. The easy snap in/snap out die features makes it the best for switching dies from sizing to seating as well as changing calibers.

The positive primer catcher that throws all debris down away from the press is appreciated more as you use it. My favorite feature because it is particularly useful for maintaining die and cartridge/bullet case alignment is the spring loaded shell holder. You also don't need to buy separate shell holders for each caliber. I have loaded from .223 to .300 Weatherby Mag using just the one shell holder shown.

The Co-Ax Press allows for perfect alignment of the die and the case because the shell holder jaws are designed to float with the die, thereby permitting the case to center precisely in the die. No other press that I know of does this as the others all have the dies screwed into the press and the ram is rigid also.

As a testament to the desirability of the CO-AX, is the fact that in recent search for this press I noticed that normal suppliers of this press like Brownells and Midway had none in stock. Even Forster showed none in stock. I called Forster to see if it had been discontinued. They indicated NO, that the demand was greater than ever, and they were not able to keep up. Thus the current shortage.

The Republic Porta Post is a singularly convenient and space saving way to mount and use this press. It has one leg that is adjustable to keep it from rocking and rear legs fold in toward main column to save space if you want to stand the loader in a corner closet or such. You can make it useful for other loaders by making up a new base plate which is not difficult. It is very stable due to the design with the angular legs and the very heavy duty materials used.
    It comes with an extra base plate to fit a Ponsness Warren 375 shotshell loader.

The main advantage of this set up is you don't need a designated reloading room. I have loaded center fire rifle in my kitchen, bedroom, den, even living room by just having a TV tray next to me to hold the components. It is also VERY stable.

The press as you see it mounted has always been properly covered and inside my house so has no rust except for some wear near end of handle caused by my hand. It functions every bit as well as a new one.

CO-AX Press W/Porta Post, $250 OBO plus shipping

Both of these items are heavy so Face To Face sale would be best but if buyer will provide zip code, I will compute shipping charges.

CONTACT BILL @ 813-205-0106 call or text.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0376 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0376 (Small).JPG
      66.2 KB · Views: 116
    • IMG_0379 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0379 (Small).JPG
      47.8 KB · Views: 116
    • IMG_0380 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0380 (Small).JPG
      65.9 KB · Views: 115
    • IMG_0383 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0383 (Small).JPG
      53 KB · Views: 115
    • IMG_0378 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0378 (Small).JPG
      57.7 KB · Views: 118
    • IMG_0381 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0381 (Small).JPG
      60.5 KB · Views: 116
    Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Free Bump on some good stuff. Wish I had the extra cash for this. But if anyone needs references on the seller, I vouch for his honesty. Got stuff from him before without a hitch.

Top Bottom