APOD Firearms

Best stock triggers on 9mm Full size pistols ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Best I've run across are the PPQ & TP9SF . CZ P-09 while better than a Glock needs work IMHO . I'm trying to find a CZ 85 or SP-01 for comparison . What have you folks tried & been impressed with ?

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Agree . I've got a TP9SF Elite . Best trigger on a polymer striker fired pistol I've ever shot . My PPQ M2 5" is also very good & close second to the Canik .

TactiNormal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You'll be disappointed with a stock SP01/CZ85 trigger. They come pretty heavy, about 10-12lb double and 5lb single action, and can be gritty. Cajun Gunworks will fix all of that but you'll be looking at between $100-200 worth of trigger parts. The TP9SFX/PPQ are probably as good as you're going to get unless you want to spend some cash and step up to the Shadow/Tactical Sports or P320 X5 type guns that are already tuned for competition.

Stock Shadow2 is around 8lb DA/4lb SA. My Tactical Sports trigger was 1lb 10oz out of the box (photo included so nobody calls BS!).

Attachments

• IMG_6230.JPG
      IMG_6230.JPG
      36.7 KB · Views: 164

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HK VP 9 has an awesome trigger...right there with the ppq imo for stiker fire. For SAO, most 1911, Browning Hi Power and CZ's have similarly good triggers...crisp, no creep though sometimes a bit heavy. i've found the Sig P320 to have a very good trigger, but not in the league of ppq or vp

Nato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The HK hammer fired pistols with the lite LEM triggers are my favorite stock triggers.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: I'm probably over complicating a simple inquiry.

Good question but trigger characteristics fall well below other pistol selection criteria IMHO. Hammer vs striker, SA vs SA/DA vs DAO?
    Full size doesn't identify use. CC, Duty, Range, Competition (type) should dictate trigger variations.

There are also several different points to evaluate a trigger.

Pistol W has a nice trigger.

Hey, pistol X has a trigger pull weight of 4 pounds! Missing is: but take up is like draging it a mile through sand, the let off "wall" is thick, then over travel is 1/2 inch while the return for reset is sluggish so you can scan L/R while waiting. There's also a free Mfg trigger "update" available, its not a Recall or a Safety Notice just don't use the pistol until the Mfg updates it.

Pistol Y has 1/4 inch creep that disappears before you finger tip compresses, there is no further take up before a 4 pound (user adjustable) crisp break with .30 inch (adjustable) over travel, reset is smooth, short and positive.

Pistol Z has a great trigger! Better than my S&W Bodyguard and about the same as my stock G17.

I'm not poking fun at anyone's prior responses. One persons "great" (pistol Z) is another person's below average based on different experiences, standards and expectations. Often the best results are determined when you pull your own. Lol but so true!

Wilson Combat CQB avail in 9mm. Crisp 3.5-4.5 trigger pull right out of the Box.

Top Bottom