• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Been looking around and prices and styles are all over the place. A friend had suggested deadair hybrid as it will do multiple calibers. Either I'm way ignorant on suppressors and accessories or dead air has a terrible website. Would just like some opinions or a direction to go.
    Currently shoot 22lr and 5.56 but may also want to pass 9mm down through it at some point. Then the thought of 300blk is always there too.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The phrase "Jack of all trades, but master of none" usually applies with suppressors when you try to use one can for a bunch of different calibers. Example: 22LR will suppress out of a 45-cal can, but it will sound better out of a 22 can.

Also a modified version of the slogan from Lay's chips: "betcha can't own just one".

Buy a cleanable 22LR can (stainless steel or titanium) for your 22LR needs. Will make you smile a lot and will keep that nasty lead buildup from your other suppressors.

Then decide if you want a second can for pistol use and a third for rifle, or if you will settle for a hybrid for both.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What he said.

If you're really trying to get the least amount of cans and still trying to maximize capability, I'd recommend a 22 can, a 45 Pistol can and a .30 rifle can. That's going to cover most of your bases well and with some of the modular cans and swappable end caps, the length/weight/suppression penalities can be reduced vs getting a caliber specific can.

Stuff to think about:

Highest price isn't always the best can.

Mounting methods

Cost of accessories

Customer support

Suppression level, while important, is only one factor when considering a suppressor. Length, weight, material, durability should also be considered. Youtube videos and manufacturer claims about suppression should not be taken as gospel. There are numerous factors in determining The overall suppression level.

Older cans (within the last few years) from the major manufacturers are a great way to save some money. This stuff isn't rocket science and there's not that much change in the technology year to year. You can find some good options on GB if you don't have to buy the latest hotness. Most people aren't going to wear out their suppressors.

With the above said, when you buy it, you're probably going to have it for life. I'd stay away from the bottom dollar offerings.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Little jack, your name has been brought up more than once when asking where to buy. Do you have any in stock or available you recommend? I'd like to get one for my 5.56 and also use it on 22lr. That's probably going to cover me for what I currently shoot and can do a pistol suppressor later. Budget is one issue but none of my handguns are set up for a can so it will be down the road.
    Thanks

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've got a few cans available. I can get other cans fairly quickly and can do transfers as well. I'm around in the afternoon/evenings this week. It'd be easier over the phone or face to face for this stuff. I'd recommend getting a dedicated 22 can and a rifle can. Most(not all) of the rifle rated cans aren't user serviceable so they can be tough to clean if you're shooting a lot of 22LR through it. The other issue is a rifle rated can is going to be 3x-8x as heavy and significantly larger than a dedicated 22lr can. You may not care on a rifle from a bench but the difference would be significant.

I don't have any experience with it first hand but Griffin just released their Paladin. That may be right up your alley https://www.griffinarmament.com/paladin-5-suppressor/. Their optimus micro fits your requirements as well. There are other options but they'll alll have some sort of trade off.

Top Bottom