• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    JP Sauer & Sohn M1919 (Variant 2)

Looking for Trade

I have what I think is a 1930's Sauer model 1919, 6.35mm Browning(.25auto) version of the model 1913 made in Suhl, Germany. I don't know much about it, was found in my grandfather's safe after he passed away. From the serial, it appears to be a 2nd generation or variant of the sidearm and appears to be 100% original, with original grip panels as well. I've cleaned the gun up, as it's sat in the safe since probably the 1950's. It doesn't appear to have been fired more than a handful of times. The firing pin is in perfect condition, and aside from what looks like a bit of pocket wear or holster wear (there wasn't a holster), it is in good condition for how old of a firearm it is. There was very little rust, and what there was came off with a little CLP and cotton rags.
    It's a neat firearm and a good collector piece, but it would just be a safe queen for me. We didn't even know he had it, so it's not something that holds much in sentimental value. I'd like to trade it for a Ruger (Mk II-IV) .22 LR or similar to teach my wife and children pistol shooting affordably, or a compact 9mm or .45 (preferably hammer fired over striker and metal over polymer) but I'll entertain any firearm trade offer.

Also, if you just have more information on the pistol, or corrections to what I post, please, by all means enlighten me. It's not something I found much information on. I know it was made before 1951 because that's when JP Sauer & Sohn were moved to West Germany and no longer in Suhl, and that it's a .25acp and holds 7+1. Is striker fired, and while I haven't shot it, yet, I will if I don't trade it before I get the chance. Hell, I'd just like to know more about this pistol than what I've been able to dig up.

Attachments

• left.jpg
      left.jpg
      254.9 KB · Views: 203
    • right.jpg
      right.jpg
      275.8 KB · Views: 203
    • top.jpg
      top.jpg
      132.1 KB · Views: 207
    • mag.jpg
      mag.jpg
      280.2 KB · Views: 204

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks. It's an interesting little piece, wish I knew more about it. The model was produced in Suhl from 1919-1946 and it's most likely a variant 2 , which was produced for German civilian market, but that's about it. I'm guessing my grandfather bought it for my grandmother but she never carried it, or one of my great uncles brought it home from a tour over there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I ended up trading it for a nice little P38, all matching numbers and original holster. 1960's model.
    4338802bd406fe41d3c8a19676e2e344.jpg
    fb96142180ad26fd0442272e79960c46.jpg

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not sure I'd CC with it, but I look forward to some range time. It's an older P1, so I'll stick to 115gr ball, not ideal for a ppw. I took this figuring it would be easier to trade in the long run. I really want a cz75 compact or 2075 Rami with decocker at some point.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure I'd CC with it, but I look forward to some range time. It's an older P1, so I'll stick to 115gr ball, not ideal for a ppw. I took this figuring it would be easier to trade in the long run. I really want a cz75 compact or 2075 Rami with decocker at some point.

I've fired so many of these P38's I just feel comfortable with them. They don't hold a lot and the magazine isn't easy to change but if you change out all the old springs in it the thing will fire with the best of them. A Glock it is not. I have a new Walther PK 380 and I don't feel any safer with it although it is easier to CC.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought the JP Sauer & Sohn M1919 had been put back on the trading block,,,,,,, But I must say you did stay with good German made firearm, ,, ,, I carried and shot un - counted rounds of all grain ammo thru a 38 - 4 … Which now my step dad loves and has had many years once he shot it. Very good and dependable firearms

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm gonna put the Walther up for trade as well. Just trying to move my way along the market without spending cash during the holiday season. I'd really like to get my hands on a good cz compact or Rami

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom