• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    What kind of tuning can you do on a 6.0?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Truck mileage is also affected by axel gear ratio. Dually's are normally lower ratio due to pull the higher GVWR (ever notice the smaller tires on a duelly?) and 4×4s lower for traction, torque. Lift just catches more air resistance BUT larger tires change the final drive ratio where the rubber meets the road providing bettergas mileage in some cases but there's a tradeoff if you don't change the differential gearing to power/torque. Most trucks that don't haul heavy loads can get by without gear changes but your speedo, will be off, auto trans shift points change, overdrive will engage at higher speeds: be gutless (underpowered) and not hold speed in O/D on inclines.

nrajeeper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With respect to relying on the vehicle computer to calculate mileage... all 3 of our vehicles read high:
    2011 Sonata 2.0T - ~10%high
    2013 F-150 5.0 FX-4 SuperCrew - 3-5% high
    2015 Jeep JKUR - 3-5% high

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yikes, us truck owners should be glad we live in the good old US of A. I just got back from Ireland, diesel is six bucks a gallon and over there and gas is more than diesel! The rest of Europe is pretty much the same. I only drive my truck when I actually have to haul or tow something and use a 35mpg car the rest of the time. Bizarre to me that so many people use full size, crew cab, 4x4's, with undercarriages so clean you could eat off them (obviously never even been on a dirt road), with beds that don't even have so much as a scratch on them, that don't even have a tow bar, for there daily drivers. Actually the only reason I even own a truck is the company I work for gave me one, otherwise the few times I need one I would just rent one :smile:.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yikes, us truck owners should be glad we live in the good old US of A. I just got back from Ireland, diesel is six bucks a gallon and over there and gas is more than diesel! The rest of Europe is pretty much the same. I only drive my truck when I actually have to haul or tow something and use a 35mpg car the rest of the time. Bizarre to me that so many people use full size, crew cab, 4x4's, with undercarriages so clean you could eat off them (obviously never even been on a dirt road), with beds that don't even have so much as a scratch on them, that don't even have a tow bar, for there daily drivers. Actually the only reason I even own a truck is the company I work for gave me one, otherwise the few times I need one I would just rent one :smile:.

You're welcome to take a peak under my truck, I recommended safety goggles if you do!

Attachments

• Lease Stuck Truck 1.jpg
      Lease Stuck Truck 1.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 80

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^^^ Damn Ford's ^^^ I bet that wouldn't have happened if you were in a Chevy. Shoot, I bet my little s-10 could have made that.

** Do you need my s-10 to pull you out? :whistle:

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ^^^ Damn Ford's ^^^ I bet that wouldn't have happened if you were in a Chevy. :

The only time I’ve used the winch on my Wrangler was to pull a crew cab 4x4 Chevy out of the mud hole it was in. Had to chain the rear bumper to a big tree

Full disclosure I have a Z71 crew cab 4x4 but it wasn’t mine that was stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its true, lighter vehicles with equivalent foot print won't "sink" as fast as the heavies. Had a Ford ranger run circls around my former dodge 3/4 ton, he also jerked me out. Some vehicles dig down while others bit/float and go. Empty pickups don't distribute weight evenly for traction, diesels are the worst: extremely front heavy. Some obstacles will trap everybody but often it's the operator that sticks it! Been there, done that a bunch! Lol

Top Bottom