• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This just came to me a little while ago and I thought I'd share my thought with you. Knowing how fond the Dems in Congress are of European laws concerning gun control, what do you think would happen to the shooting sports world, including hunting, if they some how managed to adopt the regulations stating that no one can own a weapon chambered in or ammunition in any caliber used by the military.
    Let's see, .38spl, 9mm., .45acp, .30-06/.30Govt, .308Win/7.62x51, .30-30/ 30WCF, .223/5.56x45, .6.5 Grendal, .338 Lapua, .300WinMag, and I'm sure there are others, go back to the old west days, and then add in the European and Communist calibers. Not that the voters would ever let it happen, I hope! But remember Obama and almost Hillary!
    I'm not trying to stir things up, I'm just sharing a thought. Have a nice day!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My thought on that is the only way they could get away with it is by repealing the 2nd amendment and I don't see that every happening in this country.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My thought on that is the only way they could get away with it is by repealing the 2nd amendment and I don't see that every happening in this country.

The second amendment is no more binding than the ability of the voters to understand its importance and judges to see that it is obeyed. It is had not been for the NRA and other progun organizations the gun situation would be much worse than it is.

The second amendment offer little protection when the judges say it only applies to the organized state militia under the control of the governor and the US president when he federalizes it.

Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well technically they wouldn't be banning guns in general. Only guns and ammunition in military calibers. Just like good old mother England, Australia, Germany, etc.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here the antigunners want to ban all guns and that is the difference. It is what they want for europe also and anywhere for that matter.

IIRC in Italy people when they buy an AR15 it has to be in .222 and not .223. Probably .224 Valkyrie would be ok.

Top Bottom