• DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    this is concerning to me..... I read about it on another gun forum. with as close at the mid terms were, well, yeah, it concerns me.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I could care less what laws they pass....

the independent republic of caveman does not recognize unconstitutional laws...

:peep:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I could care less what laws they pass....

the independent republic of caveman does not recognize unconstitutional laws...

:peep:

I understand being a rebel and all that, but this is how laws get changed, by changing the defination so its not easy to distinguish one from another, so they all fall under a single category. Once that happens, its easy to lose control. I have not heard of, or seen the NRA in a while.... are they still around?

The proposal would define assault weapons, in part, as being “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once.”

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is direct action by the people. They can't get the politicians to do what they want so they are going to try and do it themselves and bypass the legislature

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

That is true on many levels...

ANYONE who votes for that BS is a short-sighted, ungrateful, spineless waste of space.

OP, you ask what "they" are trying to prove". They are showing how they can use our own democracy to destroy ourselves from within, by simply fooling enough lazy idiots to vote irresponsibly. Probably for "Likes" and "Follows"...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is direct action by the people. They can't get the politicians to do what they want so they are going to try and do it themselves and bypass the legislature

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They spent $75K in California for "petitions", I wonder if it the same ones the used to ban Mags that hold mor than 10 rounds?

Lets be clear: Where is the bulk of the money that paying for this effort comming from? The usual anti gun fat cats from other States is my bet. They havent been able to get traction on the federal level so they are trying to impose their will on individual States. These initiatives target Stated where there have been a mass shooting, trying to ride the blood trail into the law books.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think with any legislation passed that restricts our constitutional rights, there will be an increase in boating accidents. I'm not a fortune teller by any means, but if they pass these laws or similar, most of my guns are going to be in a boating accident several miles off the coast. It would be an absolute shame to lose so many declared illegal guns in the Gulf, but it is what it is.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    they spent $75k in california for "petitions", i wonder if it the same ones the used to ban mags that hold mor than 10 rounds?

Lets be clear: Where is the bulk of the money that paying for this effort comming from? The usual anti gun fat cats from other states is my bet. They havent been able to get traction on the federal level so they are trying to impose their will on individual states. These initiatives target stated where there have been a mass shooting, trying to ride the blood trail into the law books.

michael bloomburg$$$$

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is what is proposed and when it is to happen: From the link.
    A Miami-based political committee has proposed a constitutional amendment that would ban possession of “assault” weapons in Florida if approved by voters.

The proposal, backed by the committee Ban Assault Weapons Now, was posted on the state Division of Elections website this month. The committee had raised nearly $410,000 since March, while spending almost $284,000, according to finance information. The expenditures included $75,000 last month to a California-based company for what was described in the finance information as “petitions.”

Ban Assault Weapons Now would have to submit hundreds of thousands of valid petition signatures to the state to get the measure on the 2020 ballot. Political committee had to submit at least 766,200 signatures to get measures on the 2018 ballot, and the petition threshold likely will increase for the 2020 election.

The proposal would define assault weapons, in part, as being “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once.” While it would ban possession of the weapons, it would include exemptions for military or law-enforcement uses. Also, it would include an exemption for people who had the weapons before the ban went into effect but would add a registration requirement.
    This is intended for the 2020 ballot.
    I would take it seriously as having some possibility of success. They need a 60% approval by the voters to modify the state constitution. My guess is that it would not make it the first time around, but it will eventually get through at some time in the future is my thinking.
    The M1 garand would pass since this law
    proposal would define assault weapons, in part, as being “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once.”
    This could outlaw many .22 semiauto rifles and literally any semi auto rifle that takes a detachable magazine. A stock fixed magazine SKS would be legal still. An AR 300 blackout in pistol form would likely be ok. But the final form of the amendment could certainly evolve and be changed to take care of an AR loop hole.
    I tend to on principle to vote no on amendments since I think laws should not be made as amendments to the state constitution.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is what is proposed and when it is to happen: From the link.

This is intended for the 2020 ballot.
    I would take it seriously as having some possibility of success. They need a 60% approval by the voters to modify the state constitution. My guess is that it would not make it the first time around, but it will eventually get through at some time in the future is my thinking.
    The M1 garand would pass since this law
    This could outlaw many .22 semiauto rifles and literally any semi auto rifle that takes a detachable magazine. A stock fixed magazine SKS would be legal still. An AR 300 blackout in pistol form would likely be ok. But the final form of the amendment could certainly evolve and be changed to take care of an AR loop hole.
    I tend to on principle to vote no on amendments since I think laws should not be made as amendments to the state constitution.

AAAAnnnnddddd but the time it gets to the voter, the verbiage will be changed, the word "RIFLE" will become "GUN/WEAPON" There goes the handguns too..... this will not end well for the gun owning population.....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AAAAnnnnddddd but the time it gets to the voter, the verbiage will be changed, the word "RIFLE" will become "GUN/WEAPON" There goes the handguns too..... this will not end well for the gun owning population.....
    Just about everyone and his brother has a high capacity pistol that hold more than 10 rounds. If they would ban pistols also there will a better chance of voting it down. But as you say the verbiage involved will evolve as we get closer to 2020 and what is banned may very well change, especially if they bring in 'experts' from out of state.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the presidential candidacy of Bloomberg on the line;he will pour an obscene amount of money into Florida to ban any guns he can,the more the merrier. It is also a referendum on the supremacy of urban populations over the rubes in the rural heartland areas.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Right or Wrong, (That's up to the person reading this) Remember how fast the Bump Stocks were banned in Florida. (including the binary triggers, and devices like them)

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The moment you start making excuses for THEM about any "silver-lining" to these laws, you become part of the Problem.

There's the line. They stepped over it. Fuck 'em. In the face. With a 2x4.

NO. My firearms are Not available for their illegal registration/confiscation/banning/neutering/etc because THEY are Scared of them.
    NO. The future of the Country is Not available for them to torpedo because THEY lack the vision to see what they're starting.

Here's an example:

You're watching two people have a conversation in a psych ward:
    Psycho-1 asks Psycho-2: "Let me rape your wife and kids, then let me dismember you in front of them. Ok?"
    Psycho-2 says "No!"
    Psycho-1 asks: "Fine. Then let me rape your wife and daughter, and I'd only cut off your legs and one arm. Ok?"
    Psycho-2 again says "No!"
    Psycho-1 asks: "How about I only rape your wife and cut off one of your legs and one arm below the elbow?"
    Psycho-2 showing his annoyance again says "No."

This bit keeps going and you have to leave.
    The next time you visit, you see that Psycho-2 is missing his left hand. You ask him about it, and he smiles proudly because he "talked the other guy down to only cutting off one hand!"

That's how much sense it makes to "reason" with gun-grabbers.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    If this were to get on the ballot and get voted for. Can/would the governor veto it? Or does it not require his signature? Granted I don’t even want to to get that close, but I’d like to know if it requires his approval

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it will actually get every Pro-Gun voter to come out and vote in 2020.
    Failure to do so, especially considering they just GAVE BACK THE VOTE to Felons,
    means that Failing to vote against it, will mean that the Scumbags WOULD vote for it,
    and it WOULD PASS.

Millions of Felons want you disarmed, and so does the Democrat party.
    So either Get Off Yer Butts, or Loose Your Rights.

And it's far past time that those III% jokers went and did something antisocial
    to the scumbags like Bloomberg & Soros that fund this junk.

Top Bottom