• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjstone193

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's my thoughts on this: it could back fire on them big time. If there is an issue that will get "stay at home" conservatives off their ***and out to vote, this is it. Kinda like the way people make a run on guns and ammo if they perceive a threat of them being taken away. I'm thinking that, while they're there, they'll elect conservatives. It's only a thought, but wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that way? Lol

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was surprised this year when Pot and restoration of Felon Rights passed this year! I only saw one guy soliciting signatures for Pot in front of a Winn Dixie. Never saw anyone with a Felon Rights petition, maybe that went another route.

Petitions are "sold" to the majority of signers by the words spoken by the person (s) pushing the petition. What they say may not even be in the petition, its all buzz words to solicit a favorable opinion of the often ill informed passerby or residents. Save children, reduce domestic violence, reduce crime and get weapons of war off the streets: just sign here! The major problem with petitions is that there is no one there representing an opposing position. It either fails from lack of "valid" signatures or must be defeated at the Polls.

Let us not forget that most news sources (including social media) and all the gun grabbers have blurred terms pushing semi-auto firearms as machine guns/assualt weapons for decades. Unless someone is well informed, they will fall for this deception of evil black guns based on cosmetic features.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was surprised this year when Pot and restoration of Felon Rights passed this year! I only saw one guy soliciting signatures for Pot in front of a Winn Dixie. Never saw anyone with a Felon Rights petition, maybe that went another route.

Petitions are "sold" to the majority of signers by the words spoken by the person (s) pushing the petition. What they say may not even be in the petition, its all buzz words to solicit a favorable opinion of the often ill informed passerby or residents. Save children, reduce domestic violence, reduce crime and get weapons of war off the streets: just sign here! The major problem with petitions is that there is no one there representing an opposing position. It either fails from lack of "valid" signatures or must be defeated at the Polls.

Let us not forget that most news sources (including social media) and all the gun grabbers have blurred terms pushing semi-auto firearms as machine guns/assualt weapons for decades. Unless someone is well informed, they will fall for this deception of evil black guns based on cosmetic features.
    The felons rights petition was pushed by the democratic party. They figure ex-felons will more likely vote a demo ticket. I suspect these petitions were pushed more in some places than other places. The some places would have been areas most friendly to the democratic party. Not so much in NWFL outside of Pensacola.
    The marijuana amendment was pushed by a lobby and many people have smoked pot and likely some of those were for it. For now it is only medical marijuana. But many hope in the future it is totally legalized.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this were to get on the ballot and get voted for. Can/would the governor veto it? Or does it not require his signature? Granted I don’t even want to to get that close, but I’d like to know if it requires his approval
    If it makes its way to the ballot and passes, the governor has no power to veto. It amends the constitution.

Once passed, the legislature would need to pass law(s) to implement the change to the constitution.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think with any legislation passed that restricts our constitutional rights, there will be an increase in boating accidents. I'm not a fortune teller by any means, but if they pass these laws or similar, most of my guns are going to be in a boating accident several miles off the coast. It would be an absolute shame to lose so many declared illegal guns in the Gulf, but it is what it is.

I understand the sentiment but the "boating" accidents are still a loss. There's no easy way for them to enforce a ban/confiscation en masse but now you've got guns that you can't shoot in public. You'd have to have a shit load of private land to keep people far enough away from snooping when you wanted to shoot. Your nosey neighbor hears multiple gun shots and calls the cops reporting "rapid firing of "automatic" weapons".... how's that going to end up? If this passes, you'll have law enforcement that'll come out and say "we won't enforce this law".... until it suits their needs. Then they'll confiscate/incarcerate as they see fit. There would probably be a few that put up a fight but without a plan and a significant support network, those individuals would end up on the news and the Left will say that's why we need these laws.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "I ___, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

I never swore an Oath to the State documents of Kommiefornia or any future variant thereof.

I understand full well that the "left" will use any propoganda it can, but that shouldn't sway someone from doing what's right. These proposed "laws" are Unconstitutional, and they represent a threat to the future stability of the Nation. Those who endorse them should be labeled what they are: either criminally ignorant or purposeful traitors.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guss you could buy one of those AR bolt action uppers and keep an unlimited number of AR lowers to mount it on. Uppers ar just "parts" and not serialized (few exceptions like Sig 556). They do reference grand fathering with registration but as we have seen in CA, they simply eliminate the grand fathering part later on and make possesion illegal.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I understand the sentiment but the "boating" accidents are still a loss. There's no easy way for them to enforce a ban/confiscation en masse but now you've got guns that you can't shoot in public. You'd have to have a shit load of private land to keep people far enough away from snooping when you wanted to shoot. Your nosey neighbor hears multiple gun shots and calls the cops reporting "rapid firing of "automatic" weapons".... how's that going to end up? If this passes, you'll have law enforcement that'll come out and say "we won't enforce this law".... until it suits their needs. Then they'll confiscate/incarcerate as they see fit. There would probably be a few that put up a fight but without a plan and a significant support network, those individuals would end up on the news and the Left will say that's why we need these laws.

Yupper…..

Yep.....

There should be a North Florida and a South Florida, Like North Dakota, and South Dakota.... NC and SC. The BIG cities with the Dems, will win in the end, simply because of numbers. So how can this be avoided?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Little Jack's Guns

Jack;s is right on here. You can hide the guns, but since I like to shoot them and also use them for self defense the weapons become useless when hidden away.

wildrider666 I guss you could buy one of those AR bolt action uppers and keep an unlimited number of AR lowers to mount it on. Uppers ar just "parts" and not serialized (few exceptions like Sig 556). They do reference grand fathering with registration but as we have seen in CA, they simply eliminate the grand fathering part later on and make possesion illegal.

The major purpose of a gun without a serial number is to have an untraceable gun for use in an illegal action like defending yourself on the street. Self-defense with a firearm often is illegal in highly antigun places. Now days with trace DNA detection and analysis even without the serial number the gun could be traced has having been handled by you. The untraceable gyb is typically used for illegal carry when gun possession is prohibited. Use the gun for self defense and perhaps you argue that you took it from the criminal to explain your possession and handling of the gun.

For sure this is not a desirable state of legal affairs.

Top Bottom