HD Tactical

Hi Folks! New Shooter and I Have a Question for Veterans With Concealed Carry Permits

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThunderBro5850

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently applied for my CCW Permit in FL using my DD214 as my training document. I went online to the Department of Agriculture. Submitted my passport photo, my honorable discharge DD214 and my electronic fingerprints through the Sheriff's Department. I went on youtube and some guy in my same situation said he got his in less than 2 weeks. I submitted mine 10 days ago. Can any fellow Veterans or family/friends of Veterans tell me how long the process can actually take? Much appreciated.

p95ccw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know you can check the status on your application right?

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/CWStatusCheck/CWStatusChk.aspx

Each person can be individual. A lot of factors can hang your application up and it will take longer. Really depends on your individual situation. Have you ever been arrested before? If so they will need to get disposition records for that, does someone with your same name have a record? That will take longer to separate your records from theirs. Thats why its helpful sometimes if you have a common name to give your SSN. Have you lived in many states, that can take longer to pull records from those states etc... Digital submission and no "issues" are the two biggest factors to getting it back fast. If you mail it in and they find any "issues" then thats when it can really take a while. Also if they are busy, but that really has not been an issue lately.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is awesome, I did not know that you could do that! Thank you for posting that link.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Dept of Ag Section that process CCFW Lic is normally pretty quick with a 2 -3 week turnaround. Sometimes there is a heavy demand from things like elections or changes to the Statutes that have a upcoming date. With a newly elected anti-gun Sec ot Ag, there may be more people applying before she is sworn in and stirs the pot (per her campaign promises). There's always a possibility that some bum or two with the same name or used it as an alias and has bad issues, so they sort those things out. Folks with a clean (general or better discharge) DD214 should sail through pretty quick: your a known commodity. Lol.

My first Fl CCFW (7 years ago) was done at the Ft Walton office, received it in the mail 6 days later. They used the DD214 and didn't even want a copy of my ut of State CCL!

It gets better: Currently you can also renew it at some County Tax Collectors Offices

ThunderBro5850

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Dept of Ag Section that process CCFW Lic is normally pretty quick with a 2 -3 week turnaround. Sometimes there is a heavy demand from things like elections or changes to the Statutes that have a upcoming date. With a newly elected anti-gun Sec ot Ag, there may be more people applying before she is sworn in and stirs the pot (per her campaign promises). There's always a possibility that some bum or two with the same name or used it as an alias and has bad issues, so they sort those things out. Folks with a clean (general or better discharge) DD214 should sail through pretty quick: your a known commodity. Lol.

My first Fl CCFW (7 years ago) was done at the Ft Walton office, received it in the mail 6 days later. They used the DD214 and didn't even want a copy of my ut of State CCL!

It gets better: Currently you can also renew it at some County Tax Collectors Offices

Thanks. That was highly informative, wildrider666

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    mine took a total of about 2 weeks, from submission to it being in the mailbox. i was suprised it was so fast

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2018, took dd214 to the DMV (Warrington Office (Pensacola), with an appt.) they did it all there, 2 weeks later boom.

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine when I was still active so I used my shooting records. Took about 2 months to get mine back in 2015. My wife (not a veteran) did hers a couple months ago and go it in less than 2 weeks. She went through the tax collector.

ThunderBro5850

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine when I was still active so I used my shooting records. Took about 2 months to get mine back in 2015. My wife (not a veteran) did hers a couple months ago and go it in less than 2 weeks. She went through the tax collector.

Thanks, BSmitty. I'm starting to see the pattern.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the 30-60 day answer is standard boilerplate from prepared Q&A sheets, same answer no matter what the flow is. It keeps folks from checking few days.

Pease tell use the number fo days it actually took.

Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know if the DMV issued DD214 ID with DOD # is acceptable for online application or do I need to drag out the paper DD214 and scan it in?

ThunderBro5850

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UPDATE!!!

I chatted with customer service online after the 55 day "average" wait period. I quoted their online statement as well as their expedited military veterans policy. They said they would bring it up to a supervisor and they would call me on Tuesday, but then I checked my status online this morning and saw this.

"Applicant Name: ********, STEVE

Your license was issued on 01/09/2019. Please allow up to 15 business days for your license to be printed and mailed. If you do not receive your license within that timeframe, please contact us via live chat or call our Public Inquiry Section at (850)245-5691 for additional information."

I also mentioned that I am currently in a law enforcement academy.

Top Bottom