• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakeoil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built a PSA 9mm carbine, and it fails to eject...I changed springs etc, but nothing works...anyone have an opinion on this problem>

snakeoil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDK? But do you have the 9mm bolt ?

I have the complete rifle....it will feed 3 rnds and then fails to eject....yes its a 9mm bolt...9mm barrel...9mm carbine...I,m in Spanish Fort,Al.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have the complete rifle....it will feed 3 rnds and then fails to eject....yes its a 9mm bolt...9mm barrel...9mm carbine...I,m in Spanish Fort,Al.

Then I'd have to say its the magazine (try pushing/holding it up in battery when firing), or it's the extractor, or the buffer/spring?

** How dirty is it? Give it a good cleaning, oil it well, try shooting it again to see if it jams.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was that as far as you tested (3 rounds)? Properly lubed? Any binding while manually and slowly cycling the bolt?
    1. Try different ammo brand, weight, velocity.
    2. Define the type of failure to eject more specifically. Stove pipe, rechamber spent case, does bolt try to pick up next round in mag or does it not cycle back far enough? ? ? ?

Bolt weight, buffer weight and buffer spring (and friction) are working against the blowback action. Too much and the bolt won't cycle fully (same malfunctions as being "under gassed". Too little and it could batter internally (same as overgassed). You may find its ammo sensitive and need to work on the recoil system to make it more ammo friendly/versatile.

Last edited:

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned 2 9mm carbines in the AR configuration and never had anything but problems. I got a Ruger PC Carbine and never looked back, great running guns. That being said I hope you get yours working, nothing more aggravating then a gun that gives you trouble and we've all had some. Good luck.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After some searching, it seems their 9mm has had problems with the extractor (maybe the ones built on Mondays?). Anyway, I'd remove the bolt, clean it well, oil it, and try it again. If that doesn't remedy it, then re[place the extractor or send it back to psa for repair. I understand they have great cs, and turn-around is only a few weeks. g/l

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OP said it fails to eject (should have fixed ejector mounted on the lower). I don't know if he will provide more specific info. He also said "he built it" whch is the end product of all the parts bought. Mfg may have warranty on individual parts but not the assembled firearm as that is out of their control. If "built" means he bought a complete upper and a complete lower then just attached them together: I think it that falls in the Mfgs responsibility.

snakeoil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned 2 9mm carbines in the AR configuration and never had anything but problems. I got a Ruger PC Carbine and never looked back, great running guns. That being said I hope you get yours working, nothing more aggravating then a gun that gives you trouble and we've all had some. Good luck.

I have a Sig that works to perfection,no malfunctions running 30 rnd mag....

snakeoil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for your help,but I will take to a "smith"...and see if he can fix the problem...no more PSA stuff for me...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We didn't get results to troubleshooting and potential solutions, can't narrow it down with feedack. Sometimes I just don't want to mess with broke stuff either. Let us know what the "fix" was, see if anyone here got it right!

Top Bottom