• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not sure if anybody read up on the shooting at Mercy Hospital yesterday in Chicago, my hometown. Sounds like the typical m.o. of some looser with some mental issues, as he was a washout from the Chicago Fire Dept. Anyway, one cop is very lucky having his holster/handgun actually stop a round...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/us/chicago-shooting-officer-holster-trnd/index.html

0B988364-5F53-4BD0-B4B2-26BBB46A71B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 0B988364-5F53-4BD0-B4B2-26BBB46A71B4.jpeg
      0B988364-5F53-4BD0-B4B2-26BBB46A71B4.jpeg
      108.2 KB · Views: 191
    Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Interesting story. Generates so many questions for me.

1) why was his right side facing the gunman with his gun holstered? (probably surprised and shot at in the beginning of the engagement because I doubt he would've kept his gun in its holster after hearing shots fired, right?)

2) I'm not familiar with that exact model of S&W. I imagine police officers carry with a round in the chamber. That impact was so close, I think it could've bypassed some striker-fire safety catch designs? Not sure. Definitely a 1-in-a-million hit, but still makes you think. He's lucky that bullet impact didn't cause his own gun to discharge.

3) What caliber and how far away was the shooter's gun?

4) Makes a strong case for a "New York reload", BUG somewhere. I wonder how long it took him to realize his Primary was out of commission and whether he tried to remedy it or simply use his BUG.

Sucks that so many useful citizens were killed. That officer had someone looking out for him.
    Thanks for sharing this story because, as you guessed/mentioned, I hadn't heard about it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Looser had a college degree and was working on his Masters. Was supposedly meeting His Ex (Dr.) to get engagement ring back.

BG shot himself in the head but a story says LE shot to his stomach killed him.

Are we sure the holster/gun bullet was from BG and not friendly fire? Picture pistol in holster now focus on base of bullet: odd impact angle from right and above, not drawn yet. Ricochet or someone else to his right let off a round during their draw. Maybe he was on his belly when the round hit? No players diagram yet.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad his gun saved the LEO from getting shot. Now for a well earned wipe-down... is that dust?

Attachments

• DustyMP.jpg
      DustyMP.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 100
    Top Bottom