• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Erector Set for pistol guys! Impressive innovation in versatility. Low/fixed barrel is perceived to deliver better accuracy. However, I don't know how good market demand is for quick sight change out. Think Dan Wesson Pistol Pak with multiple barrels/lengths. A lot of "new" chassis/modular handguns out there but are different grip frame and slides flying off the shelf? Price can and does drive potential buyers to other options like buy two (diff sight options) instead of one trick poney.

Disclaimer: I configure a gun for a specific purpose. If application becomes too wide, I'll get another gun. I have never owned a "seperate upper", you can't cover a position with half a gun. Lol.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another pistol with a low bore is the Rhino Revolver.
    It handles .357 quite nicely, tames the beast rather well :)
    Although it looks as ugly as a real rhino...haha!

The Alien Pistol would have made .40 more tame and probably
    saved the caliber from it's current " Average Women can't shoot it"
    status...which is why the FBI ended up dumping it for 9mm.
    They needed something that even bean counters could pass a Qual with.

.40 & .45 take a more serious shooter who practices,
    whereas almost any spud can handle a 9mm.
    Case in point, my 7-yr old sons can handle 9mm, so there ya go ;)

Anyway, I like the Alien! Would love to try one out!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Another pistol with a low bore is the Rhino Revolver.
    It handles .357 quite nicely, tames the beast rather well :)
    Although it looks as ugly as a real rhino...haha!

The Alien Pistol would have made .40 more tame and probably
    saved the caliber from it's current " Average Women can't shoot it"
    status...which is why the FBI ended up dumping it for 9mm.
    They needed something that even bean counters could pass a Qual with.

.40 & .45 take a more serious shooter who practices,
    whereas almost any spud can handle a 9mm.
    Case in point, my 7-yr old sons can handle 9mm, so there ya go ;)

Anyway, I like the Alien! Would love to try one out!

Have you shot that Bond yet?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,the FBI has always had a training problem. Seen it first hand.
    10mm then 40Short & Weak then 9mm. Next 25ACP.
    I guarantee that they had big problems long before Comey got there. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We learned a hard lesson in the Miami shootout of 86. Obviously the current leadership is willing to repeat it again by changing standards rather than hold the line that others paid for in blood. Sad.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Absolutely . . ^^^^^ . .
    At one point we got a non-classified briefing from an DIA agent that was indirectly associsted with that shootout. The FBI had a "how dare the bad guys use a Mini-14" attitude. My boss and I were both kinda stunned.
    I had owned two of them for some years and one had been chopped to 14.5 inches and a brake pinned on to make it 16. A couple hours after the briefing,my boss called me and asked if I would bring them in the next day and allow several guys to shoot them at the military's off base range.
    The next morning I grabbed a can of M193 and went to the range. (Take note: 5.56X45 in a 223Rem chamber) Several people shot both guns and as they were leaving I asked my boss if he thought the FBI knew that the corrections dept's had been using the Mini-14 (and GB) for some time now. He simply replied "NO".
    Over the years I shot a ton of M193 ammo out of my Mini's. Never even thought about the difference. Shot some tracer through them also.
    During the briefing I should have asked what ammo the BG's used,but didn't want to seem insensitive.
    Some lessons are learned the hard way. The superior firepower thing should have been "a given". --- SAWMAN

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Absolutely . . ^^^^^ . .
    At one point we got a non-classified briefing from an DIA agent that was indirectly associsted with that shootout. The FBI had a "how dare the bad guys use a Mini-14" attitude. My boss and I were both kinda stunned.
    I had owned two of them for some years and one had been chopped to 14.5 inches and a brake pinned on to make it 16. A couple hours after the briefing,my boss called me and asked if I would bring them in the next day and allow several guys to shoot them at the military's off base range.
    The next morning I grabbed a can of M193 and went to the range. (Take note: 5.56X45 in a 223Rem chamber) Several people shot both guns and as they were leaving I asked my boss if he thought the FBI knew that the corrections dept's had been using the Mini-14 (and GB) for some time now. He simply replied "NO".
    Over the years I shot a ton of M193 ammo out of my Mini's. Never even thought about the difference. Shot some tracer through them also.
    During the briefing I should have asked what ammo the BG's used,but didn't want to seem insensitive.
    Some lessons are learned the hard way. The superior firepower thing should have been "a given". --- SAWMAN

BG's were also former Rangers. So they had training with shooting guns. More so than the FBI guys I bet.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    We were not informed as to the BG's background other than they "has recieved some training from somewhere". Why . . . " because of the tactics used". --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom