• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BananaTom

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I took a Concealed Weapons course from Robert Jenkins, FDLE Certified firearm instructor. 14681 Highway 89 North, Jay, FL. 850-572-6611, at his home. His credentials include 9 years CCW class with Escambia County Sherriff’s Office. 12+ years teaching LEO academy, 12+ years department Instructor and Amor. Certified S&W, Glock, Colt, M-16, AR-15, Armor. 40+ years of competitive shooting.

We started out at 8 am, at a table in his rear sun room. He first went over the laws and gave use material to read. We then started handling toy guns. We learned to maneuver by drawing from the hip holster with toy guns. Then we learned to punch someone in the throat while taking two steps backwards, and then firing with the toy guns.

Then we moved to loading and handling fake guns with plastic bullets. Both in revolvers and semiautomatic (Glocks). He has many different type weapons and holsters to use.

We went to Jay to eat lunch and when we returned, we started outside with the fake guns. The scenario was leaving a convenience store, and he acted as the aggressor, and taught us how to scream loudly at the aggressor, “I have a Gun and I will Shoot You”. You say that over and over to draw attention and get witnesses. If you end up firing, witnesses are valuable.

Then we moved to the gun range and learned to punch an imaginary person in the throat, stepping backwards two steps and firing live ammunition. We did this allot. Once we all mastered that, we then would punch the imaginary person in the throat. Run backwards, and duck behind 55-gallon drums, and then fire from around the barrel. It was amazing how accurate we all were in hitting the target.

He told us that if we were to have gone to a “school Type” class and then the shooting range, you can only point and shoot. NO drawing from the hip is allowed at those. But since his range in his backyard we were able to learn so much more. He has students come from Atlanta for his class.

Once we all had mastered what he had taught us, we then shot our own guns we had brought. Our hand guns, our long guns, and even my home defense shot gun. We shot until the sun went down. He then gave us our certificates.

I took my daughter, son, and another 24-year-old female. We must have shot over 300 rounds that day. It was an awesome day in Jay, Florida.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Who is Robert Jenkins ???
    Is that jj before he went into the witness protection program ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

no_boundaries

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JJ is incredible.
    I took my wife, daughter (12), and brother out to see him for his CCW course last Sunday and I feel confident in saying that my 12 year old now has a better understanding of the laws and basic techniques than the majoriry of firearm owners.
    JJ brings with his arsenal of pistols, holsters and loaders years and years of experience to help turn law jargon into understandable, relatable terminology.
    I have to correct Banana Tom concerning the use of "toy guns." There are no toy guns. There are however S&W M&P airsoft pistols. This is part of the genius of JJ's course. Your qualification at the end of the day is done with an S&W M&P22. By the time you get to the range at the end of the day you have been handling the same pistol all day and have a far more intimate understanding of how it operates, feels and functions.
    JJ is incredible with kids. If you ever met my daughter you wouldn't guess she was 12. We don't sugarcoat the truth with her and it shows. JJ was interactive with the class and I was so proud every time he'd ask a question and she was the one to respond.
    We can't wait to go back for more.
    Highly highly recommend

bmixs10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was recently contacted by a friend, Scott, wanting me to help him buy his first gun. Rather than me doing a poor job of it, I contacted JJ (oneshot) and scheduled both of us for his Concealed Weapons Class.

The dialogue and handouts for firearm safety, legal, use of deadly force, what to do in a shooting, choosing a defensive handgun, and bill of sale are outstanding.

The classroom hands-on part consisted of safely handling and loading and unloading with dummy rounds revolvers and semi-autos, clearing malfunctions, dealing with an attacker, and drawing from a holster.

At the end of the day, we went to the pistol range with a Glock 44. There we drew from the holster, shot moving backward, around a barrier, and did reloads. Scott successfully did a tap rack.

JJ is an excellent instructor and this training was first class. Scott is now well prepared to get his first carry gun. If I had this training first, I would not have as many crummy handguns as I do.

Also, during class, Scott and I got a bonus. We got to meet and thank a former SEAL for his service that stopped by to see JJ.

Fun Day in Jay

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just called JJ and will be setting up a weekend for my wife to go get her CCW, great guy

Latest posts

Top Bottom