Patriot Mobile

Are The Florida Election Results Final Yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ....then your opponent must be a better cheater.

OR, the winning opponent did nothing wrong, Regardless of the ridiculous claims made by the sore losers who apparently only trust a vote tally if it says they win.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After machine recount, it appears that governor contest is over with no appreciable change in results. Gillum has not yet conceded.

US Senate and Comm of Ag races are undergoing a manual recount of overvotes and undervotes. In my experience, very little changes from this process.

Sent from an unnamed device running an undisclosed OS via a third party application.

It seems that the vote count for Governor did change, the dem, Gillum gained one net vote more. How much $$$ did we spend to figure out who really won...?

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-ne-florida-vote-recount-deadline-20181115-story.html

And oh, by the way, how do you lose votes ona recount...? Makes me wonder about Palm Beach County...

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/15/palm-beach-florida-recount-missing-votes/

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I heard this morning that the FLAH -DUH count,recount,and re-recounts cost the taxpayers 1.4 million $'s.
    New Law - -> the person that wants a recount,FOR ANY REASON,pays for it himself.
    They say that Gillum was left with > $10,000,000 after the election. Why did I have to pay for all the recount trickery ??? ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can not find any updates on how Fried is doing in the recount. A few days ago she was claiming recount victory and nothing more since in the news. Anyone else know of anything more recent on the status of candidate Fried. This is the race for commissioner of consumer affairs and agriculture for Florida. This office issues the FL CCW.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I heard this morning that the FLAH -DUH count,recount,and re-recounts cost the taxpayers 1.4 million $'s.
    New Law - -> the person that wants a recount,FOR ANY REASON,pays for it himself.
    They say that Gillum was left with > $10,000,000 after the election. Why did I have to pay for all the recount trickery ??? ---- SAWMAN

Florida law requires an automatic recount if the difference in an electoral contest is less than 0.5%.
    But you're right, they should.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recounts completed and no appreciable or significant change in any of the results.

All of the hand wringing and worry that an election would be 'stolen' came to nought.

Hopefully, candidates, parties and pundits will take note of this fact and behave accordingly in the future. An example to follow can be found in the governor elect's response. He kept quiet and waited for the process to play out.

Were his lawyers and staff involved and watching the process? Probably so and they should have been. However, there were no accusations or detrimental remarks regarding the process or character of the people involved. I was surprised and impressed.

Sent from an unnamed device running an undisclosed OS via a third party application.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    According to the PNJ today "Dem staffer says leaders knew of altered forms". Investigations underway. What's that saying about smoke and fire?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From that article:
    Then, the happy attorneys shouted: “Everybody gets something!”

Yeah, sounds about right... (<--- sarcasm)

We now have a gun-control advocate in charge of our CCL program for the next four years.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...y-is-the-florida-commissioner-of-agriculture/

In part "Fried, who has a concealed carry license and owns a gun, said conducting an audit of the background check process is at the top of her list.

"On day one, I want to do an audit to figure out exactly where the holes were in the processing and see how we can quickly fix them," she said. "Whether it's redirecting resources, whether it's a policy issue — I want to change those things."

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have no problem making sure that the background checks are completed appropriately (instead of some BS employee being able to pencil-whip it out of criminal laziness).

I have a problem with the gun-control verbiage she uses and her choice of advisors on her "transition team".

Regardless, the election results "look final", so this thread is pretty much answered.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still don't understand how they can continue to report "no findings of criminal activity" when we have boxes of ballots left unattended at a rental car agency, affidavits concerning ballot forgeries, illegal approval of provisional ballots, and continued delays and "discovered" ballots in direct violation of Florida statutes.

Any ONE of those events is against the law, hence a "crime", and therefore "criminal activity". That doesn't even address the patterns of behavior by the same people and offices, time after time...

Democrats are running it. Criminals don't prosecute criminals.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If she was so incompetent, she should have been fired; saving taxpayers money.
    Pretty hard to fire an elected official - except at the ballot box. Had she been removed, it is quite likely she would have still been able to collect retirement.

When she was first appointed, she did pretty well. The job isnt an easy one. Broward county is huge, approximately 1.1 million voters, 3 office locations to staff and manage, over 500 precincts/polling locations, 22 early voting locations, I'm guessing over 3,000 election day workers on top of her permanent staff and regular temporary staff used during an election cycle.

Ballots are required to be printed in 3 languages and usually require multiple pages front and back. Voter turnout for the general election brought over 200k voters on election day, around 180k absentee ballots returned - probably only 60 or 70% of what was mailed, early voting.. 280k - over 700k ballots cast. Multiply that times probably 3 pages per ballot.

Im not defending the problems, failures or bad decisions. Its jutst that it is really easy to armchair quarterback these things, not so easy to actually do them.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

Top Bottom