• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my county, Jackson, you can renew your CCW at the drivers license office. On another note, it appears since the races were so razor close, this may be the last election we get pro-gunners in there. I would highly recommend within the next two years stocking up on a lifetimes (and your families lifetime) supply of whatever you need guns and ammo wise.
    I concur with your recommendation.
    I also urge to have alternative weapons that may initially escape being forbidden. Hang on to your lever guns and pump action shotguns. Hang on to your 38s and also speed reloaders. I have also kept my SKS and garand rifles. They will most likely first go after large capacity magazine rifles like the AK and AR first and also extended magazines for semiauto pistols.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I'm sure most of you know, not all FL Tax Collectors Offices renew CCW. Found that out when I tried to do it at PCB. I was told iI needed to make an appointment at the Panama City Office. I put it off because I had a few months before mine expires in Dec. I was told PCs Office took a hit from HM and the Office in Lynnhaven is handling the work for all damaged/closed Bay County Tax Offices. I've called twice and can't get a person on the phone with my limited amount of patience.

Anyone know if Lynnhaven is doing CCW Renewals?

Panama City Tax Collector Office is now fully operational. Called today, have Appt to renew CCW tomorrow ($57). This will get me well past the next election cycle. Lol

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Renewal complete. $45 + $12 convenience fee for doing at the Tax Office. Credit/debit card fee is $2 if you use them. Staff were awesome, I had a appointment but arrived an hour early, no traffic delays as there had been every other recent trip into PC. Took care of me early, in & out in 15 minutes.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Renewal complete. $45 + $12 convenience fee for doing at the Tax Office. Credit/debit card fee is $2 if you use them. Staff were awesome, I had a appointment but arrived an hour early, no traffic delays as there had been every other recent trip into PC. Took care of me early, in & out in 15 minutes.

fucking convenience fee? for the love of all things....convenience fee? YOU WORK FOR ME FUCKERS!!! (excuse my language, but seriously)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    fucking convenience fee? for the love of all things....convenience fee? YOU WORK FOR ME FUCKERS!!! (excuse my language, but seriously)
    That is maybe in part why they do it is for the fee. They do need to train an employee and there is special machine that is needed to print the new ID. I gladly paid rather than wanting to wait for weeks for it arrived from Tallahassee or traveling from pace to fort walton to get it done. Overall $60 for a 7 year CCW is not a bad price. But for sure free is a better price lol.
    Hopefully the new democrat pot pushing commissioner will obey the law. Likely she made noise about running audits and such to gain the antigun vote and she also got the pro-pot vote. Sound like a smart cookie. If she makes trouble it could about when the next election cycle come in two years or the next big massacre.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^ I agree. They are doing DoAs job and I don't think they get a dime from them. I don't know who had the idea for this or pushed to make it happen but I think its great! We pay for "convenience" within the price we pay for a lot of things. I also don't have a problem paying taxes, just have a problem with what they spend it on. Lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in favor of strict background checks. Let them crawl up my behind with a microscope if that’s what needs to be done. Once I have that stamp of approval and am trustworthy enough to own an AR or an AK or whatever strikes my fancy, then the approval should extend to the number of round I chose to carry. This is just my opinion but it makes no sense to me at all when certain States allow a person to buy (for example) a 1911 but won’t let that person carry more than 8 rounds in the firearm. That thinking is absurd and lacks common sense.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in favor of strict background checks. Let them crawl up my behind with a microscope if that’s what needs to be done. Once I have that stamp of approval and am trustworthy enough to own an AR or an AK or whatever strikes my fancy, then the approval should extend to the number of round I chose to carry. This is just my opinion but it makes no sense to me at all when certain States allow a person to buy (for example) a 1911 but won’t let that person carry more than 8 rounds in the firearm. That thinking is absurd and lacks common sense.

Common sense is about dead and gone, it’s been ailing for quite sometime now. It seems to be in rather short supply with politicians and government workers in general.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Panama City Tax Collector Office is now fully operational. Called today, have Appt to renew CCW tomorrow ($57). This will get me well past the next election cycle. Lol

Not unless they make something up about you and suspend your license like they did this guy and possibly others!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/03/luis-valdes/it-begins-nikki-fried-turning-floridas-concealed-weapon-permit-system-into-a-bureaucratic-nightmare/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wos_daily&utm_content=%5B%5Brssitem_title%5D%5D

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was afraid of such things happening. Likely this victim has a name similar to that of someone that did get served with an injunction. The only remedy for this will be legal action and that cost money. So someone like the NRA or GOA will have to step up to fund this.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I worry that this might happen to me. There’s a lot of Smiths out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m not surprised, we voted a liberal lobbyist in to a position of power . Perhaps conservatives will come to their senses before its to late to save Florida.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can bet Nikki Fried will use the number of CC Licenses " Pulled/revoked" as a talking point statistic to advance her career. That "bragging number" (look what I did) will not be adjusted downward for the number of CC Licences her Office has to return.

If we take the Case referenced in the Link, it could have gotten worse: Basis for revocation sent to BATFE possible revocation of FFL and to LE for confiscation of firearm/ammo both personal property and business stock (FFL). It seems odd that if the DoA Office truly believed he was a*restricted person, with a License to carry a gun; that he would not be in possession of a gun or several firearms: mandating LE confiscation and additional criminal charges. Even if we allow Her to hide under a premise of those thing are not within DoA authority, the License would not have been issued or renewed without false info from the Applicant, which is chargeable.

It looks like Fried just wants to rack up revocation numbers using known unsubstantiated circumstantial documents. How do WE know this? Why would a know anti 2A/anti-gun activist and politician STOP short of pushing full "persecution" ? Only because She knows its BULLSHIT!
    Does She think that people are so ignorant to believe that Court Documents don't specifically identify defendants and the DoA License database has conflicting information?

Guilty until proven innocent is not allowed. That very same application was once again defeated relating to defensive firearms use and Stand Your Ground Law.

I would not surrender my CC License. I would reple to such DoA revoking Ietter, requesting a Origional Copy of any document (not a check mark on some data base) that triggered DoAs Action to Revoke. I would not bother going to a DoA Office. To Appeal a DoA decision they base on a Date Block Entry is foolish as there is no "substance" to argue or present facts against. Surely, if DoA has to pull the Origional restricting Document we would hope they would at a minimum cross check identifications of persons in question and resolve the issue and reinstate the License.

Unfortunately, this bullshit will go on for awhile, until there are enough cases to get freedom of information data on revocation and reinstatement numbers.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn’t vote for her either, but apparently someone did.
    Well she got the democratic vote along with support from the Marijuana lobby. By the way I believe marijuana users are restricted still under federal law relative to firearm purchases.

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
    Last Reviewed April 26, 2018
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions

Latest posts

Top Bottom