Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Locally....Gulf Coast Gun/Outdoors has a DPMS AR-15 Oracle for $359.99

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger PC Carbine will be $399.99 at Academy Sports...

Plus 7.5% tax and $5 background and the longest wait you ever had. Last year people actually had lawn chairs in the gun department because the wait was so long and 90% of the firearms could be purchased online for the same price or lower!-:) But if you like crowds and long waits, who am I to spoil your fun!-:)

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Plus 7.5% tax and $5 background and the longest wait you ever had. Last year people actually had lawn chairs in the gun department because the wait was so long and 90% of the firearms could be purchased online for the same price or lower!-:) But if you like crowds and long waits, who am I to spoil your fun!-:)

Agree 100%, except I haven’t seen that rifle for that price online...I have actually been in line there many yrs ago at 0300 to get a deal early and blast off...today in in the 40’s temp wise, and quite frankly, I’m going to pass, Ill drop in there when I wake up after they open...after looking a bit closer, Brownells has the rifle for $442 w/ free ship to your FFL (+his fee) - $50 GC, so yea only around $12 more give or take depending on the FFL fee, and no standing in line ( for instant gratification as you take it home after a few hours...)

Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree 100%, except I haven’t seen that rifle for that price online...I have actually been in line there many yrs ago at 0300 to get a deal early and blast off...today in in the 40’s temp wise, and quite frankly, I’m going to pass, Ill drop in there when I wake up after they open...after looking a bit closer, Brownells has the rifle for $442 w/ free ship to your FFL (+his fee) - $50 GC, so yea only around $12 more give or take depending on the FFL fee, and no standing in line ( for instant gratification as you take it home after a few hours...)
    Yeah, they aren't allowing their coupons for Ruger which is odd. I've bought rugers from them recently and got the couple discounts and the Gift card. Deep South Arms in Ammo in Milton charges $15 for long guns I think. Here's a few options:
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/736676191000
    for deguns try their price match: Price Match Request
    Items are NOT secured from our inventory until a price match request request is accepted. This item may sell to another customer before your request is accepted. Accepted requests expire, so ensure you have funds ready to complete the purchase. We reserve the right to stop accepting price match request requests from customers who don't complete accepted transactions

Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I botched up and edited that post enough, so I'll do a separate one. I never saw the need for a pistol round rifle before, although I did go with an AR 15-22 for fun. Then when Ruger came out with their carbine in 9mm, I thought about it but decided, if I'm going to go with a pistol carbine, I'm going with the AR platform, so that's what I did. I bought a dedicated lower that accepts glock mags. They make kits to use in a stand AR lower but I've heard there can be issues. I shopped around and got the upper and lower for around what the Ruger cost. I like the AR platform and am used to it and already have glock mags. Also, I think the Ruger carbine is kind of short and ugly (Just my opinion).
    https://karrisguns.com/Defender-9mm-rifle-billet-SR.aspx

Last edited:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I botched up and edited that post enough, so I'll do a separate one. I never saw the need for a pistol round rifle before, although I did go with an AR 15-22 for fun. Then when Ruger came out with their carbine in 9mm, I thought about it but decided, if I'm going to go with a pistol carbine, I'm going with the AR platform, so that's what I did. I bought a dedicated lower that accepts glock mags. They make kits to use in a stand AR lower but I've heard there can be issues. I shopped around and got the upper and lower for around what the Ruger cost. I like the AR platform and am used to it and already have glock mags. Also, I think the Ruger carbine is kind of short and ugly (Just my opinion).
    https://karrisguns.com/Defender-9mm-rifle-billet-SR.aspx

Just some info to add for folks that may be interested; the Ruger carbine comes with and adapter so that it can accept Glock mags too.

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone seen any LPKs minus trigger group for a good price and still in stock today? Got the CMC trigger, but still need the basic lower parts.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have ordered all the parts to build an AR pistol except the upper assembly. Now just have to pick which way I am going to go. Strongly leaning toward a 8.5” 300 aac... with the plan of doing a suppressor sometime in the future. Been looking at the PSA options but need to check for some other sites.

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone that order from PSA for BF seen any of their stuff ship yet? I know they are swamped with orders so I wasnt expecting a super faster turn around, but after 5 days I would have at least expected the status to change from "Processing".

Top Bottom