APOD Firearms

"IDIOTS "In Escambia county voted against A TAX REDUCTION !!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i was just thinking, the recounts going on now. what if, Just what if, the ballots changed the total number allowing for the felon voting thing.Or, are they just counting the Gov and Senator votes only...... Just thinking.... thoughts?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm torn on the felon issue. My question is why are they running loose on the streets if they are too dangerous to have all of their rights restored?

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm torn on the felon issue. My question is why are they running loose on the streets if they are too dangerous to have all of their rights restored?

The funny thing is, is that with some felons depending on their crime. The law was already in place all they had to do is go and have it restored. But like with most, they don't read the fine print. So they actually had to put it on the ballot so everyone would know, including the felon. Look it up.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Prison over-crowding. Revolving door policies. Lawyers got them a plea agreement to a ridiculously reduced sentence.

Just because a felon gets out of jail, doesn't mean they're an instantaneous rehabilitated saint.

I'm a believer that people can change, but I'm a realist, first. If you prove yourself to be a criminal, then you have an uphill battle to prove yourself a trustworthy citizen again. Prison time does not satisfy that requirement. Prison time is punishment for your actions. After release, your continued actions in society is your opportunity to rebuild your personal character that you destroyed by committing crimes against society.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prison over-crowding. Revolving door policies. Lawyers got them a plea agreement to a ridiculously reduced sentence.

Just because a felon gets out of jail, doesn't mean they're an instantaneous rehabilitated saint.

I'm a believer that people can change, but I'm a realist, first. If you prove yourself to be a criminal, then you have an uphill battle to prove yourself a trustworthy citizen again. Prison time does not satisfy that requirement. Prison time is punishment for your actions. After release, your continued actions in society is your opportunity to rebuild your personal character that you destroyed by committing crimes against society.

Uuumm that was sort of rhetorical...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is all really based on politics. Most, but for sure not all felons are figured to be likely democratic voters if they get to vote. The demos are for and the repubs are against it. I believe in most cases once the time is served they get most of their rights restored. Certain people for sex crimes against children should be watched if they are not physically castrated, but still allowed to vote. I am more worried about them committing more crimes than who they vote for.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kind of idiots vote for more taxation, what a bunch of morons.

Well, my guess is because it's supposed to be for infrastructure. The uninformed read infrastructure as, hey, they'll pave my dirt road, or solve the traffic nightmare that Crestview created. Anyone who has lived here long enough knows that "infrastructure" is for Destin/tourists, your dirt road ain't gettin' paved Bubba, and Crestview will remain just what it is. Some folks still believe the government, I guess. You truly cannot protect some people from themselves, or the result of their vote. What is more concerning is the obvious democratic slide to the left this county has taken and how that will eventually impact gun rights in the county is TBD, but not looking rosy, IMO.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not trying to create chaos. Just wanted to inform those that may not know.

Getting back to the Homestead exemption. That exemption would not benefit everyone. It was only going to benefit those who's taxable value was between $100,000 and $125,000. If you qualified for the maximum benefit that would be a savings of $153.00 a year. The county's budget comes 100% from these ad valorem taxes, and in Santa Rosa county this would have been approximately a $7,000,000.00 loss to the budget. The county does not charge you for their services. If you keep cutting the counties budget, then they will have to lay off and reduce services. That means next time you will have to hire a private consultant. That will cost you way more in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I voted no on it because there's no reduction needed. We get a homestead exemption. These taxes are needed for local services including fire departments and schools. I don't have children, but I'm all for paying for education as the kids are our future. I'd rather not be in the hands of a bunch of morons, like we are now, when I get older. I'm all for planting a tree today that I will never feel the shade of. Also as stated above, if the county can't meet it's budget, they will hire cheaper and shittier resources for you. You get out what you put in as far as local taxes go. On the other hand, if there were a vote to reduce our taxes on the federal level, you better believe I'm voting for less taxes. The military industrial complex and squandering of my tax dollars on baseless wars and bullshit can fuck right off. I'm tired of paying taxes to get our kids killed in foreign wars that shouldn't fucking exist.

Top Bottom