• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I took it that the police chief (or sheriff) was due to retire that day and the deceased was thinking about retiring sometime within the next year.
    The mother of one of the victims was on TV saying she’s tired of prayers and wants gun control.......because criminals obey laws.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I’m not a scientist, but I’m seeing two of the three articles stating women have a much higher percentage of usage than men. Yet with a couple of exceptions I can think off, most/all shootings are executed by men.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m not a scientist, but I’m seeing two of the three articles stating women have a much higher percentage of usage than men. Yet with a couple of exceptions I can think off, most/all shootings are executed by men.

Don't sell yourself short:

Between 1982 and November 7, 2018, 3 mass shootings were initiated by solo-female shooters. In contrast, 102 mass shootings were carried out by male shooters. The mass shooting in San Bernardino on December 2nd 2016 was the only instance in which both a male and female were the shooters.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once most of the Mental Institutions were closed the only real treatments were with drugs. No real help with managing their problems other than to pop a pill, the problem is taking a pill is a voluntary action. Had a neighbor once who son had anger management problems, attacked his dad multiple times halted by LEO intervention, every time because he quit taking his meds. I asked him why - he said he didn't like the way he felt when he was taking them. Moved but his problems moved with him.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't sell yourself short:

Between 1982 and November 7, 2018, 3 mass shootings were initiated by solo-female shooters. In contrast, 102 mass shootings were carried out by male shooters. The mass shooting in San Bernardino on December 2nd 2016 was the only instance in which both a male and female were the shooters.

This is where not being a scientist comes in: I’m under the impression males and females have different chemical balances in their brains, and anti depressants may affect those differently. I’m not saying it’s a false theory any more than it’s a fact. It would be interesting to see actual professionals research it, but I wouldn’t expect an objective study funded by any of the groups who’d be willing to fund one.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: Third safest city in the U.S. and shit happens.

Some people base their EDC firearm, cartridge, capacity and reload (or not) on the basis of some average number of shots fired in a gunfight. Seems there's a lesson here if you understand the parallel.

Top Bottom