• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Pensacola Fairgrounds GUN SHOW This Weekend. November 10th & 11th
    For those of you that didnt know !
    For those of you that have Money, Interest, Something to Trade. or Some BULL to Shoot.
    See you there.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mac, do you know what the entry fee is? I didn't know about it, but if their entry fee is still gunshow robbery, I won't be there. :nono:
    Thanks for posting tho.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Think it was 8 bucks entry before. I didn't find a deal on a single item. They did have ammo at a decent price in bulk but it was all reloads. If you are looking for older items or hard to find items it may be for you. New items were priced similar to store prices. Not the crazy online prices everyone is looking for.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mac, do you know what the entry fee is? I didn't know about it, but if their entry fee is still gunshow robbery, I won't be there. :nono:
    Thanks for posting tho.

It is $9 entry fee according to what I read. Not going for that price!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Maybe we should all email the fairgrounds and let them know how their entry fee increase is impacting attendance? They charge vendors fees, and if not in use for a gun show would likely sit idle, so over-charging for show entry should really be impacting their bottom line!

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Pensacola Fairgrounds GUN SHOW This Weekend. November 10th & 11th
    For those of you that didnt know !
    For those of you that have Money, Interest, Something to Trade. or Some BULL to Shoot.
    See you there.

When you walk around with your ears tuned in to the conversations around you, you realize that a lot of BULL really is being shot. LOL Still fun though. :)

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They're pricing the average guy out of gun shows. Back in the day it was $5 to enter and in just a few years it's almost doubled. For that reason I've quit going to them, almost $20 now for my son and I to go.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Would a $5 entry fee be too low? That's like the Garcon Point Toll Bridge. It kept going up and up and people started driving around. Seems like the gun show people and the idiot that sets the toll must be related, because they both idiots.
    They (both the toll bridge and the pensacola fairground gun-show) would make more money dropping the fees. More people would go. Seems to me if 200 people paid $5 entry fee, that would be more than 50 people going at $9. Same with the toll, 20 cars a day verses 150 a day at a lower fee. Some people just don't make good business sense. It doesn't cost either any more money by lowering the fees, but costs them more with the higher fees. js

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Have the fees for dealers and private seller tables increased as well?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    The entry price is irrelevant to me. It could be 20 bucks and I'd go if I knew I could score a deal on something. No since in spending the gate fee to walk around and not buy anything. Hard to pick anything up at 579 per say when you can get it elsewhere for 460.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is $9 entry fee according to what I read. Not going for that price!

No Way 9 Dollars Really... That is the worst gun show in the area too!!!

Should be free to get in because of the prices they charge for guns and such. :(

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The entry price is irrelevant to me. It could be 20 bucks and I'd go if I knew I could score a deal on something. No since in spending the gate fee to walk around and not buy anything. Hard to pick anything up at 579 per say when you can get it elsewhere for 460.

Stage, you go ahead and pay a $20 for entry. Maybe next time it might cost that much. That's what they are hoping for.
    I mean Damn, you don't pay an entry fee to shop at Walmart, flea markets, etc...., why pay for a gun show? I can understand paying if the proceeds went to a Charity
    like it does at the Shriner's. But these guys pay for the venue, and Pocket the rest. And No money going to Charity that I'm
    aware of. And as far as getting a good deal, I really don't hear of enough good deals there (year after year) that would lure me there and pay $9 to find that deal.
    There are better deals online and even here on the forum. But good luck to all the ones who go. I'm sure the atmosphere there seeing eye candy and friends and
    even meeting friends warrant the $9 entry fee. But if I have to pay to see friends, then I don't need friends. lol

No Way 9 Dollars Really... That is the worst gun show in the area too!!!
    Should be free to get in because of the prices they charge for guns and such. :( .

Got that right. You'd think at that price, they'd give free tables to the vendors.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    So, they're making a profit? Damn capitalists :yuck: I bet Mr. Gillum would have put a stop to that :amen:

Seriously, $9 seems high, but I have no clue how much they pay to rent the building, security, etc., and maybe liability insurance is required for the promoter? I've had tables there in the past. I don't recall exactly what I paid but it was around $80 for the weekend. I still go occasionally just to look around for that rare bargain, but I buy 99% of my guns and related stuff online. I haven't gone to one in a while so I might hit this one and walk around with a gun or 2 to sell.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If the Dems where in office you all would be will lining up early to pay $9 entry to stand in line for $1000 Glocks!

But in all seriousness, I will not be going as the $9 fee is way out of line for browsing retail items.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I went, paid the nine dollar entrance fee. Not a bad show actually. Plenty of guns. Jay was marking down prices, and with the markdown had probably some of the best prices at the show. I bought a gun, and sold a gun. Not a bad day at all. If you can get past the nine dollar entrance fee, which I agree is Wayyy to high, the show was pretty good.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup I went by the show,,,Right on by it to,,,,,,I live right up the road. Unless Im looking for something like a part and don't want to order, I pass our local walk around, Seems most what we look for is here in the forum, and if a member doesn't have it,, one of our members will direct you straight to where to order the best quality parts any way I used to love going take a couple guns to sell or trade,, But they took the tables to have a hot dog and coffee, conversation area ,,I slowed down going,, even though I miss the conversations with some of our locals and what is on the latest ,,,,, But we can count on our forum and the good ole web,,LoL olecarver:usa2:

Top Bottom