Hawkins

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Springfield M1A-A1 Bush

CEC2945F-F3F2-4392-ACB9-34EC9AF9DC8D.jpeg

First “I’ll take it” post gets it

$2000

Fired 8 rounds, cleaned between each round. Circa 1993ish.

Florida resident with photo ID, CC permit preferred, bill of sale. Thanks.

Attachments

• CEC2945F-F3F2-4392-ACB9-34EC9AF9DC8D.jpeg
      CEC2945F-F3F2-4392-ACB9-34EC9AF9DC8D.jpeg
      22.6 KB · Views: 1,155
    Last edited:

Hawkins

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Bush has an 18” barrel, the brake is about 4” long, hope that helps.

Curious, why do you ask?

Thanks

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Those haven't been made for about 15 years either. And you still have the box? Even more hard to find. GLWTS!!!!

Last edited:

Hawkins

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was always under the impression that after 1994 they stopped making them with all GI parts also.

Thanks

Those haven't been made for about 15 years either. And you still have the box? Even more hard to find. GLWTS!!!!

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From M14 Rifle History and Development Second Edition by Lee Emerson copyright 2006:

"The 18” barrel M1A model series debuted in 1981 with the M1A-A1 model, later known as the M1A Bush. In 1985 and 1987, the M1A was available in four models, Standard, National Match, Super Match and M1A-A1 Bush Assault. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the Standard M1A in 1985 was about $650.00 and in 1987 it was $782.00. The M1A Scout Squad model was first marketed in 1996. Through the years, the M1A with an 18 ” barrel has been available at different times as the M1A-A1 (catalog number AA9116), M1A-A1 Bush Assault, M1A Bush and M1A Scout Squad model. The butt stock on the 18 " barrel M1A rifles has been fitted with a USGI butt plate or commercial rubber butt pad."

and

"Bush and Scout Squad M1A - The Bush and Scout Squad models are similar to each other. Each has an 18 " 1:11 twist six groove non-plated molybdenum-chromium alloy steel barrel and synthetic stock. The Scout Squad has a scope mount installed on the barrel and is also available in a walnut stock. The barrel scope mount will fit on a standard model M1A barrel and it is available separately. Before 1994, the 18 " barrel M1A model was known as the M1A-A1 Bush. The M1A-A1 Bush model was introduced in 1981. The M1A Bush (AA9104) was a variation of the Scout Squad model. It was last offered in 2002 and 2003."

and

"Commercial Stabilizer – Springfield Armory, Inc. very briefly made its own version of a muzzle stabilizer for its folding stock M1A-A1 Bush rifle. Two variations of the Springfield Armory, Inc. muzzle stabilizer were made, one with a bayonet lug and one without. This muzzle stabilizer was made before the 1994 Assault Weapons ban. The muzzle stabilizer without the bayonet lug was installed at the factory in 1984 on M1A-A1 serial number 0298XX. The front portion of the Springfield Armory, Inc. muzzle stabilizer has a combination muzzle brake and short bird cage style flash hider. It threads on to the rear portion but is held in place by a single SAE 10-32 thread setscrew on the bottom. Removing the flash hider reduces the length of the rifle by 2.75 ”. The rear portion of the muzzle stabilizer consists of the front sight base and bayonet lug. It is marked on the bottom, front to rear: first line - SPRINGFIELD ARMORY second line – MUZZLE STABILIZER third line – CAL. 7.62. The outside diameter is 0.6 ” for the entire length of the stabilizer. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation and Sarco, Inc. imported cast reproduction M14E2 muzzle stabilizers which may or may not have any markings such as numbers or lettering. If there are no numbers or letters on a M14E2 muzzle stabilizer at all, it is of commercial manufacture."

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Possible trade for a female Maltese, Maltipoo or Bichon puppy. :bump:

I (my wife) has a male Maltese and a Markie I'd give you but she wouldn't be very happy! We've had both for over 2 years and they still aren't trained to go outside. I have two mini-schnauzers that were trained in about week. Schnauzers understand English. Those other two only care about food!-:) Sorry, a little off topic!

Hawkins

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I (my wife) has a male Maltese and a Markie I'd give you but she wouldn't be very happy! We've had both for over 2 years and they still aren't trained to go outside. I have two mini-schnauzers that were trained in about week. Schnauzers understand English. Those other two only care about food!-:) Sorry, a little off topic!

Too funny! I’ve read that Maltese are “notoriously difficult” to housetrain.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom