• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An acquaintance that shows up at the Pace men's coffee hour at Village Inn on Mondays gave me a fair quantity of white peach seedlings with the condition that I give them away to people that know what they are and of course want them.

I gave three away before I got to my drive way. 8 are going out tomorrow. Three of them going eventually to Biloxi. i am in pace, FL and usually shoot the bullseye thursday morning informal 900 match at PRPC.

They are free. This type of peach is a traditional type that has been grown in the south likely since the time of spanish missions. Normally does not need spraying and the fellow that gave to me says they produce a large and good tasting peach. It is possible the fruit might need protection. The only other thing might be those nasty white aphids that need to be oiled. i have had them on mulberry and nectarine.

Let me know if any of you are interested before I turn these over to a gardening group for distribution.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At this point I have to do a cut off on requests since the plants are now vouched for. There are three people from this forum that want between 4 and 8 each. I have already given multiple plants away to other people. So I am now dividing what I have left and will get in contact the three that have asked for seedlings.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There could be some more in the pipeline. There were a few more seedlings still in the ground under one of the trees and next year I will try and get pits from him to send to people that are distant from Pensacola.
    White peaches that grow true from seedlings are not offered by many nurseries that I know of and people do want them.

So if anymore become available I will post notice here.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those that must have a white peach regardless

I just found that Just Fruits and Exotics is listing their white peach as back in stock
    mail order is $45 plus shipping.
    They say that what they have is grafted and not a seedling. So I am not sure and someone would have to call or email them about that.

https://justfruitsandexotics.com/product/roddenberry-heirloom-white-peach-tree/ They are in Crawfordville a little south of Tallahassee if someone is driving that way. Many do drive as I have done every so often.
    Roddenberry Peach Tree– Local Heirloom Peach!
    Roddenberry is a white-fleshed, low acid peach. This one comes true from seed. Passed around through the North Florida area for over a 100 years. This local heirloom peach may get attacked by borers, but will come grow back from the roots (we also think it is less likely to be attacked than others, but we don’t have enough data on it yet). This aromatic and flavorful beauty is famous locally and is a winner! Our seed was gathered from Sopchoppy Florida and flowers early, so we estimate about 450-550 chill hours. You might experiment with this one as far south as Gainesville. Fruit ripens June.
    Chill Hours 500c.u.
    Cold Hardy 15-20°
    Container Plant No
    Grafted Yes, on Nemaguard or Flordaguard Rootstock
    Growing Zone 8B
    Mature Height 12-18 FT
    Mature Width 12-15 FT
    Pollinator Self Fertile
    Spacing 12-15 FT
    Sunlight Full

Top Bottom