• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have purchased two Barra Hero MP rifle scopes for under $200 dollars. The retail price was $699.95.
    They are side focus FFP scopes. They went into business and imported these scopes in 2015. They just don't have the name yet and now seemed focus on lower to mid range priced scopes. I did some research and there seems to be only two companies in Japan that manufactures scopes these days. Of course they make scopes for everybody but themselves. I noticed that the seller on ebay is located in the same city as the Barra optics company. I called after I purchased and yes it is the company selling at a different address as not to upset dealers when they discount their scopes so drastically. They also import and sell a lot of phone cases, watch cases, and tablet cases. Their prices on amazon for scopes are much higher than what they sell for on eBay. Their warranty is the same Burris and Vortex. Life time transferable and no receipt required. I also purchased two other models. The 6-26x50 and their 12-60x56 model. I would compare them to my Vortex Viper scopes for quality. The one thing I like better is the clarity of the Barra scopes over the vortex viper. Even thought they both have excellent turrets I would say the vortex are a little nicer. Light transmission is over 95% according to their website. They are located in a suburb city of Atlanta GA. I have no financial connection to this company so I'm just trying to spread the word to my fellow gun forum friends.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up. The eBay listings don't mention, so I thought you might know:
    How close can you still adjust parallax?

If these can focus more towards 10-yards, they'd make a nice PCP rifle optic.

bsmallz01

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You would think for that price they would be absolute junk, however I have heard great thinks from people that have bought Niko Sterling scopes that often come on Howa Rifles. Might be the same factory as they are made in Japan. Might be worth a try.
    Thanks

Richard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Actually the scopes are made by JOL in Japan. If you google them their website comes up. They have made scopes for Burris, Votex, Bushnell and Nikon. Barra optics problem is that at the higher price points people wanted a recognized name. The scopes are going on four years old. The price is low because your buying from them direct. If you look every where else their selling for douple or triple because you have a dealer who paid and is now marking them up. The 5-25x 50 are long gone. ($360 was $899.)Unless of course you want the new model that is made in China. Once they sell their stock their gone. My only worry is if I need one under warranty down the road l will end up with a lesser quality scope. Check out Clearidge Optics. Located in Michigan and he imports scopes strictly from Japan under his brand. Great prices but not as good because he isn’t closing his out. Great reviews on Rim Fire Central for his scopes.

Top Bottom