• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was looking at the Tri-fuel adapter kits but a new generator sounds good. I just need to put it on my Christmas list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was looking at the Tri-fuel adapter kits but a new generator sounds good. I just need to put it on my Christmas list

I have installed the Tri-Fuel kit of three gen sets including this one. This generator has never seen gas I have always ran it on propane. Did I say I hate gas.... Well I hate Gas. LOL

Probably will sell it sooner or later because I just bought two Military Diesel Generators and looking to get a third to tinker with.

DcNxAml.jpg

vmQGFGB.jpg

pdq8k9B.jpg

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I just googled tri fuel adapter and a bunch of websites popped up. And yes it looks like most if not all generators can be ran with one

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You one heats with propane and has a large tank of it on hand that makes good sense to be able to run on propane and gasoline.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can any generator be modded to a tri-fuel?

Where can you get them?

I would say 99.99% yes.

Here is a pic of my Yamaha with the tri fuel kit that I installed. I also had one on a Troy Built 5550 generator that I installed but sold that gen set a while back.

c0G6P3f.jpg

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    While I don’t heat with propane the wife loves her gas stove. Thanks to the stove we have our own 150 gallon propane tank that is almost never lower than 30%
    When it eventually gets down that low the wife will be calling around for the lowest price.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While I don’t heat with propane the wife loves her gas stove. Thanks to the stove we have our own 150 gallon propane tank that is almost never lower than 30%
    When it eventually gets down that low the wife will be calling around for the lowest price.

That's the way to do it. Have your own source on site. I don't believe in the nature gas supply to power a backup generator. I have seen and heard of many cases where that gets shut off too.

There goes your backup. LOL

Most of them big whole house auto switch type gen sets are junk. I have helped install and setup the transfer and generator... I would not own one. They do make a pretty ok manual / auto switch though. If I went the auto switch route I would design and build my own. I like manual transfer switches so you have control of what is transferred to the genset. One circuit at a time.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's the way to do it. Have your own source on site. I don't believe in the nature gas supply to power a backup generator. I have seen and heard of many cases where that gets shut off too.

There goes your backup. LOL

Most of them big whole house auto switch type gen sets are junk. I have helped install and setup the transfer and generator... I would not own one. They do make a pretty ok manual / auto switch though. If I went the auto switch route I would design and build my own. I like manual transfer switches so you have control of what is transferred to the genset. One circuit at a time.

There is no natural gas in my neighborhood and many others also.
    Automatic auto back up or turn on the generators is important in some institutions, especially the lighting. I loose power so infrequently a series of extension cords is fine. I run two generators. A small camping generator that does not use much gas for a small air window unit conditioner and a few lights and the bigger one when more power is needed. I use candles a bit also.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Natural gas is over a 1000’ away and the Okaloosa Gas told us over 20 years ago that if we wanted it they only wanted $8/ft. to to run it up the hill to our home
    Needless to say we still have propane

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There is no natural gas in my neighborhood and many others also.
    Automatic auto back up or turn on the generators is important in some institutions, especially the lighting. I loose power so infrequently a series of extension cords is fine. I run two generators. A small camping generator that does not use much gas for a small air window unit conditioner and a few lights and the bigger one when more power is needed. I use candles a bit also.

Yea I don't have any gas supplied to the house either all electric. We also don't loose power that much at all. I have generators to use up at the property and bought the Military TQG to tinker with and use. I just bought a different Electronic Governor custom made that is digital for the MEP-831a. You can't beat the small inverter type generators. I have the Yamaha and the Honda. The Yamaha has the tri-fuel kit. I am still pondering on installing one in the Honda but it's more my throw around one and use it running fan's on them hot days while shooting...

The MEP-831a is a single cylinder diesel inverter type gen set. Really neat design. I am working on a deal right now to buy a second one.

https://greenmountaingenerators.com/manuals-and-support/mep-831a-manuals/

Top Bottom