• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spearem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be going to Kynesville Rd area of Cottonwood this morning. Taking a look at a tree on handicapped lady's house.
    If anyone hears of anybody in that area that needs help call me at 850-259-4318

spearem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am going to try and remove the tree today(2655 Kynesville Rd. Cottondale) with the help of a friend with a tractor, could really use some help.
    will be leaving Freeport after trip to hardware store. (7:30 maybe)

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I want to take a min to thank fl57caveman and his friend on another forum for the well thought out and packed items they sent. Everything will be put to good use and the family who will be receiving all of it will be extremely grateful. Any surplus items are being distributed to their neighbors who are also in need. Thank you so much for your generosity in their time of need.

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I also really want to thank bmixs10 for his donation as well. It is a big help that will go far in helping several families. Thank you so much

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's awesome to see how much support PC is getting from its neighbors!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I lived on the MS coast when Katrina came ashore so I know what the immediate need is. I would like to volunteer to go over to the affected area and help with whatever. I have registered with Volunteerflorida and contacted several local churches but have not been contacted to go - they say that tey will contact me when I will be needed. Given the time to get over there and I would like to stay for awhile I would need some where to stay and to sustain myself. Can anyone recommend who/what organization to contact so that I can help? BTW, I am retired so I would be able to stay over there and help for several days.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's very kind of you. I know it's next to impossible to find anywhere to stay. Everything in the immediate and surrounding areas from rentals to hotels are booked well into the future with the displaced and work crews.
    I lived on the MS coast when Katrina came ashore so I know what the immediate need is. I would like to volunteer to go over to the affected area and help with whatever. I have registered with Volunteerflorida and contacted several local churches but have not been contacted to go - they say that tey will contact me when I will be needed. Given the time to get over there and I would like to stay for awhile I would need some where to stay and to sustain myself. Can anyone recommend who/what organization to contact so that I can help? BTW, I am retired so I would be able to stay over there and help for several days.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We are still in need of funds to get these folks relocated out of the immediate area. I've had one very supportive individual donate directly and that was helpful in getting them items they needed but Go fund me seems to be a bust. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or what but no one is donating. Insurance adjusters are circulating but that isn't much of a help right now. If anyone can assist me in helping them it would be very much appreciated. I can only do so much as one person. I do have two guns up for sale and if someone would buy one or both that would give them a good start.

-Thank you for any and all help and a big thank you to everyone who donated supplies and money, it really helped some good folks out in their time of need. Thank you-

Last edited:
    Top Bottom