• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm in the process of helping two families relocate out of PC and Wewahitchka. Their houses are uninhabitable and it's quickly becoming unsafe for them to even be in the area because of looters, lack of power and water, and the mold is already starting to grow. Anyone who's been through it or has watched the news should know folks don't need to be in an area like that for long. I've found one place to rent for one of the families and hopefully they can move in on Monday. If anyone has any rental properties available please let me know. I do need the rent to be as reasonable as possible as I'm helping them with the initial cost/fees associated with relocating but no one is looking for a hand out, a locals discount or forum members discount would be greatly appreciated but not necessary. These are good people that I know personally and they have other family members and good friends that are also going to need help. The emergency responders are doing an absolutely outstanding job but I'm not real impressed with the countries response as of now so I decided to try to help folks out directly instead of donating to the national disaster relief organizations. We have a good network of good folks on here so I figured I'd put out the request. If anyone has any open rental properties or wants to buy any of the guns I have listed or will be listing please know the funds will go to helping the folks the best I can. Thanks

--->Update, both family's are in safe, sanitary homes. Thanks for all the help folks.

Last edited:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in the process of helping two families relocate out of PCB and Wewahitchka. Their houses are uninhabitable and it's quickly becoming unsafe for them to even be in the area because of looters, lack of power and water, and the mold is already starting to grow. Anyone who's been through it or has watched the news should know folks don't need to be in an area like that for long. I've found one place to rent for one of the families and hopefully they can move in on Monday. If anyone has any rental properties available please let me know. I do need the rent to be as reasonable as possible as I'm helping them with the initial cost/fees associated with relocating but no one is looking for a hand out, a locals discount or forum members discount would be greatly appreciated but not necessary. These are good people that I know personally and they have other family members and good friends that are also going to need help. The emergency responders are doing an absolutely outstanding job but I'm not real impressed with the countries response as of now so I decided to try to help folks out directly instead of donating to the national disaster relief organizations. We have a good network of good folks on here so I figured I'd put out the request. If anyone has any open rental properties or wants to buy any of the guns I have listed or will be listing please know the funds will go to helping the folks the best I can. Thanks

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

A tip of the hat to you, sir. That's real help and real leadership.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    post or pm a good address packages can be sent to, I will see what I can do..

typically, private responses come faster than govt help, Samaritans purse, church disaster response teams, Cajun navy etc...

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I will pm the address on an individual basis so I can keep the list of needs current so everything that is sent is specifically needed. I'm also working on setting up a go fund me to help with 1st month, last month, security deposit and pet deposit costs and to donate directly so the recipients that don't want to relocate can maintain a sense of independence and dignity in this trying time.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    PM'd address. Thank you
    post or pm a good address packages can be sent to, I will see what I can do..

typically, private responses come faster than govt help, Samaritans purse, church disaster response teams, Cajun navy etc...

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I appreciate everyone's willingness to help. I do ask that you let me know what items and how much of it is inbound so I can try to keep track of what is en route and what is still needed. I've also setup a gofundme for monetary donations to assist me in helping others get out of there. Thanks again to everyone, it's really uplifting to see everyone picking in in one way or another.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    attn all hog slayers in the area, I am sure any wild hogs killed would be appreciated if the meat was donated ...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have posted the GoFundMe link on two other forums I belong to..hopefully the funds will start coming in..

I will ask your permission before sending your address you sent me, in case some want to send packages instead.. there are strong preppers on both of these forums..

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks a bunch Caveman, I really appreciate the support. Supplies are crucial for the initial relief effort and the end result is to get them out of there to somewhere safe and sanitary. Thanks again Sir, you have been a big help.
    I have posted the GoFundMe link on two other forums I belong to..hopefully the funds will start coming in..

I will ask your permission before sending your address you sent me, in case some want to send packages instead.. there are strong preppers on both of these forums..

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They should. I believe I've received packages from both UPS and FedEx to my box before.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    joe,

a lady in the another forum wants to send items, can I send her your mailing address you sent me?

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bought a bunch of supplies and made a run. List has been updated. I know some of this stuff isn't practical to ship so if anyone can buy my Remington 742 that I have posted or donate a little scratch to the go fund me to help me buy gas and the rest of the items on the list that would be a great help. Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They should. I believe I've received packages from both UPS and FedEx to my box before.

according to my boss, whose wife retired as a ups supervisor, I need a street address...

pm please, I have box ready

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've never asked for money from folks before and it makes me uncomfortable to do so but I figured since it was for some good folks that would never ask for any type of help or charity from anyone I'd stow my personal opinions to try to help them out more than I could on my own. I've never done a go fund me before either but I've got to say I'm not too impressed with it. They take money out of the donations and ask donors to give them money as well and then they hold it for a week, I guess so they can earn interest as well. I guess it's a business and businesses have to make money but damn, that seems awful ballsy and not very helpful to me. If anyone is willing to donate any items on the list or donate cash please donate directly to me so we can get these folks the help they need directly and asap. I can understand if you're not comfortable with that, I just ask that you donate to someone in need or help out in any way possible. It looks like a warzone over there. I just took over 60gals of gas, 30gals of diesel, 5 boxes of propane fuel canisters, and eight chainsaw blades so we're getting help to the folks who need it. Let's keep up the momentum and thank you to everyone who's sent supplies and resources.

spearem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me know what I can do
    I have been over in the Fountain area last couple of days, have saws generator manpower.
    It is a mess for sure

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Let me know what I can do
    I have been over in the Fountain area last couple of days, have saws generator manpower.
    It is a mess for sure
    I greatly appreciate the offer. Currently I'm working on getting resources to the folks I'm helping out. Gas, oil, food, and water. I haven't been able to focus on much besides work and resources but if I hear of anything I'll let you know. Thank you for helping folks out. They need it.

Top Bottom