• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Just a heads up on this for any that may be thinking of using the contract post office at 4400 Michigan AVE. This "Closed due to hurricane" pic was taken this morning at 0840.

20181012_083812_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20181012_083812_resized.jpg
      20181012_083812_resized.jpg
      480.1 KB · Views: 147

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I had a mail delivery yesterday.

As did I. I contacted the Post Office Customer Service and they have initiated a complaint on the closure. Contracts with the government usually specify terms and conditions to a high level. Such a closure, if unwarranted under contract terms, could result in punitive contract action or even contract termination.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow I did not even know they contracted out Post Offices... USPS is a major joke as it is but this too... Good luck getting your mail.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn’t know they still had contract PO’s. One of my buddies Mom owned a contract Post Office in Milligan for years until it was shut down in the late 80’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I believe they contract out some Post Office Services, as a cheaper alternative to having a full up USPS location.

Ken, not sure what you mean when you say that USPS is a major joke; but imagine commercial providers handling your mail like recently suggested by President Trump, would you feel safer with them handling your mail.

Luckily, I do not have a box at this CPO and do not get my mail from them. Like Frommer said, I got my mail delivered yesterday; including an early delivery of some RARR mags I ordered last weekend. Ahead of scheduled delivery I might add.

At least if the postman drops a package at the door he rings the bell, UPS has failed to do so too many times to count!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About a year or so ago my box at the ferry pass contract PO closed. The gift card store it was in closed not too long after. If you go into a regular USPS office you may not legally carry conceal or even have a gun their parking lot. In pace there is regular USPS facility at what had been the old pace mill site that is now Alyssas. Alyssas also has a contract
    PO. I make sure never to park at spots designated as those of the USPS side of the property. What you do at the contract PO relative to CCW as I understand is legal.
    Here is little history of Alyssas and the post office site.
    James G. Pace then re-built the mill in what today is the community of Pace. It was located across Chumuckla Highway from the building currently occupied by the Pace Furniture Store (Now Alyssas). Until 1993 this was a BARNES SUPERMARKET. When his Grandfather is referred to as the founder of Pace, Ashley (Dick) Pace modestly will say, "he just started a sawmill". However James G. Pace operated in such a manner as to bring some structure to the Community which bears his name. The area was called Pea Ridge in the 1910 census but by 1912 it was known as PACE.
    see link at: http://www.friendsofpacelibrary.org/History/historical_sketch.htm

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This CPO is open now. Seems they closed early for the storm, which was against the contract guidelines, and "forgot" to take their signs down. Opened late this morning and I was told the USPS received several complaints of box holders not able to get their mail or services.

Matter has been forwarded to the Pensacola Post Master who is the contracting officer on this CPO. Bet someone will feel some pain from this string of bad decisions.

CCW was the only reason I used this CPO, will substitute other commercial services for the times I need to express or overnight an item and just eat the cost difference.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe they contract out some Post Office Services, as a cheaper alternative to having a full up USPS location.

Ken, not sure what you mean when you say that USPS is a major joke; but imagine commercial providers handling your mail like recently suggested by President Trump, would you feel safer with them handling your mail.

Luckily, I do not have a box at this CPO and do not get my mail from them. Like Frommer said, I got my mail delivered yesterday; including an early delivery of some RARR mags I ordered last weekend. Ahead of scheduled delivery I might add.

At least if the postman drops a package at the door he rings the bell, UPS has failed to do so too many times to count!

I don't care for the USPS. I would still rather use FexEx, UPS, DHL... etc. I would pay extra when ordering something so it don't come USPS!!!

The USPS did good one time when I had a package coming from Russia they did well. Most of the time in my area they are clowns.

I have a guy sending me a free Fluke Color Oscilloscope soon from the UK. I will make sure USPS don't get to touch it... LOL

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One of the rural carriers had some old cars that were full of mail that wasn’t delivered. Instead of firing them they were put on probation and given a different route. This was a few years ago in Baker

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    One of the rural carriers had some old cars that were full of mail that wasn’t delivered. Instead of firing them they were put on probation and given a different route. This was a few years ago in Baker

Heard today that route is a contract mail delivery. Postal employee was not happy with it and the issues they have had, and the ability to get problems addressed.

Top Bottom